Latest Blog Posts »
- Impressions from Zaporizhia, Ukraine 1 week ago Zaporizhia, Zaporozhye, Zaporizhzhya. I typically spell cities on this site according to what people are searching for on Google, not how I would normally spell it on an everyday basis.... The post Impressions from Zaporizhia, Ukraine appeared first on Megan Starr | A Travel Blog.
- The Best Coffee in Belgrade, Serbia 2 weeks ago Did you know that Belgrade, Serbia was home to Europe’s first kafana, or coffee shop? Thanks to the Ottoman Empire, Serbia saw coffee houses nearly a century before London, Marseilles, Vienna and... The post The Best Coffee in Belgrade, Serbia appeared first on Megan Starr | A Travel Blog.
- Slavutych, Ukraine: The Soviet City Built for Chernobyl Refugees 1 month ago I have witnessed the Chernobyl disaster go from being a globally-recognized mass tragedy to a clichéd source of trite tourism where travelers go in with their cameras hugging their hips, all ready to... The post Slavutych, Ukraine: The Soviet City Built for Chernobyl Refugees appeared first on...
- Issyk-Ata: A Soviet Sanatorium in Kyrgyzstan 2 months ago My first experience with a Soviet sanatorium was back in Sukhum, Abkhazia in 2013. I had booked a place on Couchsurfing to stay that ran me $1 (free accommodation was... The post Issyk-Ata: A Soviet Sanatorium in Kyrgyzstan appeared first on Megan Starr | A Travel Blog.
- The Best Coffee in Kharkiv, Ukraine 3 months ago In early October, I had the absolute pleasure of visiting the city of Kharkiv in northeast Ukraine. After years of earnestly researching the city, much of which I credit Katherine... The post The Best Coffee in Kharkiv, Ukraine appeared first on Megan Starr | A Travel Blog.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Megan Starr has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!