Dawes Family in New Zealand
Latest Blog Posts »
- Extended Intermission 11 months ago The Dawes blog is very quiet at the moment and we are sorry for that. Its not that we have nothing going on, quite the opposite, Dawes HQ is actually so busy that we just haven’t had the time to update the blog recently. Stay with us, we are working on some new ideas for […]
- UK Trip 2013 - Goodbye 1 year ago And so that was it. Another insanely busy, wonderfully magical, emotionally draining time – and we wouldn’t change it for anything! We said our goodbyes to our homes where we had been kind enough to stay, and we hopped into the car Newcastle bound for the night stay at the airport hotel...
- UK Trip 2013 - Eternity 1 year ago It’s no secret to anyone that my soul mate lives too far away from me, it’s a constant giant pain in my aching heart that we are just so far away from each other all of the time, so this trip this time was so special and we managed to spend as much time as we […]
- UK Trip 2013 - Friends 1 year ago This trip to the UK had been filled with so many amazing memories already, the happiest times being surrounded by those we love dearly – our friends. We love our life in New Zealand, we will never return to the UK to live and we have some of the most beautiful friendships in NZ, but […]
- UK Trip 2013 - Reunited 1 year ago Social media can be the best tool if used correctly, it can help you learn, understand and discuss things you never would normally. It can help you stay in touch and it can help you share your life with others. It can also be absolutely amazing when it comes to finding and being reconnected to […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Dawes Family in New Zealand
09:52 AM November 21, 2012
Great that you are still blogging after being in NZ for so long. Good to know the long term outcomes of moving to another country not just the initial problems and/or euphoria. Keep writing :)
11:48 AM November 21, 2012
The most honest expat blog you'll ever find. They talk about the adventure, but they don't hesitate to broach the harder subjects like leaving family and not fitting in right away. And they're such a down to earth family that they're relatable to anybody who reads. And they have great dogs too! :D
14:48 PM November 21, 2012
I've long considered trying out living in a country other than my own. There are so many things to think about! Thanks for the honest representation of what it's REALLY like.
15:34 PM November 21, 2012
Fantastic blog I love to hear about all their adventures they sound like such a great family, keep up the good work.
18:24 PM November 21, 2012
This is a fab blog that not only showcases beautiful New Zealand, but provides informative & honest information for would be expats looking at making the move. We know from this Blog that the journey isn't always smooth, but well and truly worth it. Love your blog!
20:27 PM November 21, 2012
Been reading this blog for nearly 5 years and still loving it. I live in the US and have often thought about moving to NZ...thanks for the info nd the lovely updates :)
23:38 PM November 21, 2012
A great blog full of real life triumphs and tribulations. Well done the Dawes Family in NZ, and our neighbours x
02:14 AM November 22, 2012
We are lucky enough to know this family and they are amazing. They are always so upbeat and happy so I was interested recently to read about how home sick they had been... (It made me cry). This blog is fantastic and a true insight to how life here is. So glad they have choosen NZ as home.
07:29 AM November 22, 2012
I love to visit the Dawes family and there pets, a great blog and I check this every day loking for an update. I live in Scotland but consider NZ to be my second home and love reading about their adventures.
23:58 PM November 25, 2012
It's always a treat to come and see how life in NZ is treating the Dawes family. I found the blog an interesting insight into how life in a different country can change after being in it for a while, once you're past the initial euphoria of a new adventure. Keep up the great work. :)
07:22 AM December 03, 2012
Love it - such cool pictures, stories and a fantastic way to celebrate life! Keep it going.....
09:19 AM December 03, 2012
Loads of great info and really cool pics. Lovely - Please keep it up. :-)
01:26 AM December 08, 2012
Always like to read it... doesn't stop them being on the other side of the world but definitely makes them feel closer!
06:45 AM December 08, 2012
Really enjoyed this blog for many years. I was fortunate to meet this family and share a slice of their life for a couple of years. They planned to move here and are truly proud of what they've done (and so they should be!). Choosing to emigrate and seeing it through is not easy - but they really have made it work. Their journey is definitely one to follow - especially for anyone planning to emigrate to NZ. All the best to the Dawes Family! From Catching the Magic xx