Latest Blog Posts »
- You can't make this shit up (Part Deux) 2 weeks ago Part One here. Once again I tell you that Lae isn't for the faint-hearted. For those of you that get my weekly email, and roll your eyes wondering if I exaggerate (yes, prostitutes do ply their trade in my driveway some nights), here's more photographic evidence that you can't make up. On today's...
- Oddest day ever. 2 weeks ago I taught my first class in Tok today. It was about table manners and eating correctly. It went something like this: "Wen Aunties kissim yu lo kai, yu mas no be humbug. Yu mas kai kai isi isi. You mas passim mous. Yu noken putim ol sandwich lo maus bilong yu, yu mas takim liklik tasol. Kai, em...
- Unexpected beauty 3 weeks ago I'm doing a favour for a friend at the moment. I'm looking after her business while she's on holidays. Her business is running a school. So 28 years after I vowed NEVER to enter a school room again, I'm back. My 'job' consists mainly of sitting on a stool telling 3-4 year olds to 'listen' and...
- Girly talk 4 weeks ago Ok blokes, bugger off for a minute and let the ladies have a quiet word. Let's talk about boils. Yep, you read that right. boils. Not just big pimples, blind ones, but boils as big as plums. In your lady garden. Or, as in my current case, under my arm pit. There a fact of life up here. Learn...
- Beautiful Madang 4 weeks ago Worth every kidney-jarring pot hole on the six hour trip. All the above photos were taken at Jais Aben resort. Stop what you're doing and go there now! The staff are amazing and, more importantly, the food was outstanding. Without a doubt, the BEST restaurant food I've...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Papua New Guinea!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Mumu Mamma
05:42 AM November 23, 2012
She's nailed it! The dirt and dust and crime and FRUSTRATION! Well done!
22:58 PM November 26, 2012
Great blog from a great lady.
23:19 PM November 26, 2012
It's morning cuppa time with Mumu Mama! Lovin'your words lady.
23:24 PM November 26, 2012
A dear friend who say it as it is and very informative. Thanks.
23:55 PM November 26, 2012
Her blog is seriously funny stuff! About life in PNG which is not always funny, but is definitely interesting. She paints a detailed picture for those who not yet traveled there. And she makes us want to.
02:49 AM November 27, 2012
Perilously edgy blog giving us a peek into life a la Lae. Can't wait to savor the flavours. Look forward to updates. Love it.
01:35 AM November 29, 2012
Papua New Guinea sounds so exotic, you would think it would be a paradise. But here you can discover what (anti-paradise) life is really like in this exotic country. And the little girl she adopted seems just sooo cute!