David Goldsworthy's Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- We Don't Speak 'Bahasa' 7 months ago Just in case you're one of the increasing number of people who think the name of the Indonesian language is 'Bahasa', here's a little reminder:
- http://ausdag.blogspot.com/2013/09/how-to-act-indonesian.html 1 year ago
- Sarunai Tapanuli 1 year ago In my previous post I showed a picture of a musical instrument called a 'sarunai' which comes from the Batak Tapanuli region of Sumatera. It is a small woodwind instrument with a single reed with a sound very much like many of the single-reed bagpipes of Eastern Europe.I first encountered this...
- Kayu Hitam 1 year ago Kayu Hitam, better known in English as Ebony has a long history of use as a highly-valued exotic wood prized for its colour and also its tonal qualities when used for woodwind instruments. Here in the west we are accustomed to seeing the very dark, almost black wood on pianos, violin tuning pegs,...
- To think 'English as global lingua franca is enough' is a catastrophic mistake 2 years ago In a broadcast on ABC Radio National on Saturday, Sept 8, Kishore Mahbubani, Professor in the Practice of Public Policy and Dean of the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore, made the following points in relation to Australian attitudes towards our place in Asia...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » David Goldsworthy's Blog has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!