Latest Blog Posts »
- Getting the vaccine - should I wait or should I go now? 1 year ago The Canton of Geneva says I’m nearly at the front of the line to get the Covid-19 vaccine. Should I?By Bill HarbyI’m not a front-line medical worker, so how did I get so close to the front of the line to get the vaccine? Nor am I a grocery store worker, a restaurant server, or anyone who needs...
- Scratching the Cobblestone Surface in Mechelen 4 years ago We’re just back from a quick scouting expedition to the deceptively handsome historic town of Mechelen, Belgium, an hour’s flight north of our Geneva home. Outwardly civilized and friendly, its streets lined with ornate buildings from the 16th, 17thand 18thcenturies, Mechelen’s center...
- Is this really Switzerland's oldest town? 4 years ago The town of Chur in Canton Graubünden, says it's the oldest in Switzerland. But that all depends on your definition of "town," as archaeologists explained for my story on swissinfo. And how does Chur's age compare to the city that's widely accepted as one of the world's oldest? Not in question...
- My Swiss Story 4 years ago My self-interview for "My Swiss Story" at my favorite Swiss online newspaper, Le News.
- Switzerland: Four Official Languages, an Unofficial Fifth, Lots of Translators 4 years ago With a population of only 8.3 million, Switzerland has four official languages and that pushy unofficial fifth. And so too do we have lots of professional translators with opinions about the spread of English.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » ExpatCH has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!