Latest Blog Posts »
- Happy Memories 2 weeks ago Twenty years ago this month, I was braced by my accountant and two junior sales-people. I was obliged to sign a deal (the accountant said he had taken all of the accounts and sales information out of the computer) and would be paid in three years time.Which I wasn't.
- ¡Ay Caramba! 2 weeks ago I have spent about six months of my life in Mexico - a truly wonderful place, although I'm told it's a bit more dangerous than it was in my day. Who knows - my daughter crosses the border to Tijuana most weekends (she says that it's more fun than southern California).Apart from the many other great...
- Mojácar Rubble 3 weeks ago Around a hundred years ago, Mojácar had a population of six thousand people. Almost all of them lived either in the village itself, or in the surrounding hamlets, where water was available. Unlike today, few if any of them lived on the beach: views were not held to be of use then.The town...
- The Southeastern Desert. 2 months ago One of the charms of the south-east of Spain is its intriguing desert. Dry hills festooned with a few scrub bushes and a rabbit or two. There are few habitations and hardly anything moving in the scorching heat beyond perhaps a thirsty cyclist and a watchful vulture.Nothing much grows in the land...
- Some Drawings from Fritz Mooney 3 months ago These pictures and others come from Fritz' diaries, created in the 1970s. The page size is 13.5 x 21cms. American-born Fritz lived in Bédar and Mojácar until his death in 1987. He's generally considered as the best of Mojácar's foreign artists.Self-portrait. 1234567
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Spanish Shilling
07:19 AM January 10, 2013
Long-time blog written by someone who really knows (and likes) Spain. Humorous and informative
20:45 PM September 23, 2014
Always worth reading. Interesting, informative and often uplifting.