New Mexico to Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- (Not quite) More Muppets than Imaginable (or a trip to a museum closer to home) 2 weeks ago Ciao Readers! Happy Almost-Back-From-Turkey-Day! So, today we venture to the Albuquerque Museum for the Jim Henson Exhibition, which just got underway this past week. While our museums can’t compete with the big guns (or apparently even Omaha, Nebraska – which gets a Monet even though they...
- More Monets than Imaginable (or a VERY quick trip to Denver) 2 weeks ago Happy Thanksgiving Readers!!!!! I hope you are all safe and warm! We are snowed in, which is perfect since we weren’t going anywhere and we cooked everything yesterday. Pretty, huh? In any case, this is a post about Monet and Denver, so on with it…. The Denver Museum of Art is a pretty...
- Sneak Peak of the Penguins at the ABQ Zoo! 6 months ago Ciao Readers! (and HELLO new readers who found me through the zoo’s twitter!) Two blog posts in one week – I know! And both with us dudded up in black-and-white* to go to some fancy schmancy shindig! Tonight we had the unique privilege of getting to go to the “sneak peak” event of the...
- Quirky & Cultured: The Santa Fe Opera 5 months ago Ciao Readers! Happy back-from-the-long-weekend!!! Boy, it has been a while, huh? I’ve missed you (almost as much as I’ve missed doing things I thought were “blog-worthy”). I think this past weekend’s excursion counts, so…. For the very first time in our lives we went to the opera!...
- Five Reasons to Boycott Valentine's Day 11 months ago Ciao Readers! Happy belated New Year to you and Birthday to me! So, I think I am making reposting this – my most “liked” post ever – a yearly tradition. Enjoy! Originally posted in February of 2016: So, today I go off on a tangent (i.e. mini-rant); one of my only posts not about travel...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on New Mexico to Italy
14:01 PM November 19, 2012
Amusing, insightful, entertaining - and great photos! I feel like I'm right there!
06:40 AM November 20, 2012
Superb writing, colorful, amusing, entertaining
19:13 PM November 20, 2012
The reader enjoys a front seat view of life in Florence. Witty, well written & informative, I feel like I am in their shoes!
21:16 PM November 20, 2012
I look forward to living a few moments each day, or at least several times a week, in Florence - and that is exactly what happens when I read New Mexico to Italy. I have a cappucino, or a gelato, or an exotic meal overlooking a breathtaking view - that is in FLORENCE! It's well written, funny and yet genuine, the pictures help you 'see' Florence through Hope's eyes. A few days ago I walked with Hope along the Arno and it was a delight. I've seen how even the little things make each country so very different. Cars parked randomly everywhere - would NEVER happen in a city here; you'd be ticked & towed, yet it's normal there. Exotic. Wonderful, ancient architecture with details captured in the photos that make me google them because they are unwrapped treasures - brought to me as I sit in New Mexico. It's a fabulous blog! I always grin when I see I get to go spend a bit of time in Florence, and then I either savor it while stretching out the wait, or I can't help it and dive right in.
23:27 PM November 23, 2012
I look forward to the mornings I can wake up & experience some time I spend in Italy, via the blog. The photos leave me with a new desire to explore the area when I get to be there in person.
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
good observation of experiencing Italian life, seen with the eyes of an expat!. Go check it out, it's enjoyable! ciao!
15:38 PM November 24, 2012
This is a wonderful blog about the daily life of an expat in Florence. If you're planning to move to Florence or to visit this beautiful city: this blog is a must!
14:31 PM November 27, 2012
I love this blog and look forward to each new post! In addition to being very entertaining and informative about everyday life in Florence, it's educational--I've learned much about history, art and local customs.