New Mexico to Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Five Reasons to Boycott Valentine's Day 5 months ago Ciao Readers! Happy belated New Year to you and Birthday to me! So, I think I am making reposting this – my most “liked” post ever – a yearly tradition. Enjoy! Originally posted in February of 2016: So, today I go off on a tangent (i.e. mini-rant); one of my only posts not about travel...
- Sempre Rivoluzione (or waxing poetic about Lucca and life) 7 months ago Ciao Readers! I just wouldn’t be me without at least one philosophical blog post from this trip… So, the title of this post are lyrics from the song “Non E’ “ by Luca Carboni (you can read the lyrics and hear a clip here). It’s basically a song about how everything changes, with a...
- "The Wanderer's Guide to Lucca" 7 months ago Originally posted on New Mexico to Italy: Ciao Readers! And happy Monday after Spring Break! We have finally made it to Italy…. The title of this post reflects both its focus, as well as the book from which I got most of the substantive information. As you may recall, back when we lived in...
- There's No Going Home Again (A trip to Florence) 7 months ago Ciao Readers! So, before I even left home, I had planned a blog post with this title. I had imagined it as an allegory for how much things and people change – especially me. Aside from the fact that we are all totally replaced every 7-10 years (all of our cells that is), I feel […]
- Balloons of Joy 8 months ago Hello Readers! So, these have been somewhat heavy times for me and maybe for many of us. However, this is not that kind of blog (if you’re interested in the heavier stuff, follow me on twitter); it’s a blog to share exciting adventures, delicious food and cool pics. There could not have...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on New Mexico to Italy
14:01 PM November 19, 2012
Amusing, insightful, entertaining - and great photos! I feel like I'm right there!
06:40 AM November 20, 2012
Superb writing, colorful, amusing, entertaining
19:13 PM November 20, 2012
The reader enjoys a front seat view of life in Florence. Witty, well written & informative, I feel like I am in their shoes!
21:16 PM November 20, 2012
I look forward to living a few moments each day, or at least several times a week, in Florence - and that is exactly what happens when I read New Mexico to Italy. I have a cappucino, or a gelato, or an exotic meal overlooking a breathtaking view - that is in FLORENCE! It's well written, funny and yet genuine, the pictures help you 'see' Florence through Hope's eyes. A few days ago I walked with Hope along the Arno and it was a delight. I've seen how even the little things make each country so very different. Cars parked randomly everywhere - would NEVER happen in a city here; you'd be ticked & towed, yet it's normal there. Exotic. Wonderful, ancient architecture with details captured in the photos that make me google them because they are unwrapped treasures - brought to me as I sit in New Mexico. It's a fabulous blog! I always grin when I see I get to go spend a bit of time in Florence, and then I either savor it while stretching out the wait, or I can't help it and dive right in.
23:27 PM November 23, 2012
I look forward to the mornings I can wake up & experience some time I spend in Italy, via the blog. The photos leave me with a new desire to explore the area when I get to be there in person.
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
good observation of experiencing Italian life, seen with the eyes of an expat!. Go check it out, it's enjoyable! ciao!
15:38 PM November 24, 2012
This is a wonderful blog about the daily life of an expat in Florence. If you're planning to move to Florence or to visit this beautiful city: this blog is a must!
14:31 PM November 27, 2012
I love this blog and look forward to each new post! In addition to being very entertaining and informative about everyday life in Florence, it's educational--I've learned much about history, art and local customs.