New Mexico to Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Happy Holidays from the Blossoms of Light 7 months ago Ciao Readers and Happy Holidays! I thought I’d ring out the old year and welcome the new with the wonders of the Denver Botanic Garden’s Blossom of Lights (with the help of a gorgeous evening sky). Walk with me as the evening progresses… Wishing you and yours healthy and peaceful holidays and...
- Botanic Gardens of Albuquerque & Denver (a photo anthology) 8 months ago Ciao Readers! I hope this blog post finds you well. Today I shift from philosophizing to sharing pretty pictures! Two of the places I’ve felt comfortable going these last many months is for a stroll outside at the Botanic Gardens in Albuquerque (which I have probably been to 100+ times) and the...
- There's Always Hope 8 months ago Ciao Readers! Boy, it’s feast or famine with me and blogging…. For those of you who don’t know me personally, I recently became a federal court of appeals mediator – so it’s basically my job to try and help folks who have been disagreeing, usually for several years or more, to reach a...
- Same Time Last Year 8 months ago Ciao Readers! I hope this blog finds you and yours doing as well as can be expected. It has been quite some time since I blogged…I suppose like many of us I have just been at a loss for words (I’ve also been transitioning to a new job and semi-living in Denver – blogs to […]
- Peaceful Pandemic-Times Pics (a photo anthology) 1 year ago Ciao Readers! How are you doing? Strange times, no doubt. I am doing fairly well as long as I stick to my morning runs, evening walks and chillaxing at home. I know why we’re doing it, but as someone who’s used to reading people, all the masks make me feel discombobulated, so I’ve...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on New Mexico to Italy
14:01 PM November 19, 2012
Amusing, insightful, entertaining - and great photos! I feel like I'm right there!
06:40 AM November 20, 2012
Superb writing, colorful, amusing, entertaining
19:13 PM November 20, 2012
The reader enjoys a front seat view of life in Florence. Witty, well written & informative, I feel like I am in their shoes!
21:16 PM November 20, 2012
I look forward to living a few moments each day, or at least several times a week, in Florence - and that is exactly what happens when I read New Mexico to Italy. I have a cappucino, or a gelato, or an exotic meal overlooking a breathtaking view - that is in FLORENCE! It's well written, funny and yet genuine, the pictures help you 'see' Florence through Hope's eyes. A few days ago I walked with Hope along the Arno and it was a delight. I've seen how even the little things make each country so very different. Cars parked randomly everywhere - would NEVER happen in a city here; you'd be ticked & towed, yet it's normal there. Exotic. Wonderful, ancient architecture with details captured in the photos that make me google them because they are unwrapped treasures - brought to me as I sit in New Mexico. It's a fabulous blog! I always grin when I see I get to go spend a bit of time in Florence, and then I either savor it while stretching out the wait, or I can't help it and dive right in.
23:27 PM November 23, 2012
I look forward to the mornings I can wake up & experience some time I spend in Italy, via the blog. The photos leave me with a new desire to explore the area when I get to be there in person.
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
good observation of experiencing Italian life, seen with the eyes of an expat!. Go check it out, it's enjoyable! ciao!
15:38 PM November 24, 2012
This is a wonderful blog about the daily life of an expat in Florence. If you're planning to move to Florence or to visit this beautiful city: this blog is a must!
14:31 PM November 27, 2012
I love this blog and look forward to each new post! In addition to being very entertaining and informative about everyday life in Florence, it's educational--I've learned much about history, art and local customs.