Latest Blog Posts »
- PRETTY IN PINK? 2 weeks ago When I first moved here in 1977, many women this age dyed their hair a bright, bright, orangey red.Now it seems that there's a rush on pink, since I've seen many pink-haired women recently.
- CYRIL, METHODIUS, AND A PIGEON TO BOOT 2 weeks ago Known for their work in evangelizing the Slavs, this statue o Saint Cyril and Saint Methodius stands in a park downtown. Not sure what the pigeon did, though.
- SLEEPING PRINCE 2 weeks ago Maybe a prince weary of searching for his princess. His steed must have wandered off to graze while he is snoozing on a bench.
- SAVE ME 3 weeks ago If and when the owner of this building for some unknown reason decides to put in a modern door, I hope they will save this one. At the very least the two halves could each become a table, overlaid with glass.
- SMELLING THE ROSES 3 weeks ago It could appear that the lady's head on this facade would really like to smell those roses. She's been there since 1901...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on A Yankee-in-Belgrade
17:43 PM February 01, 2018
Thank you for sharing your experiences. Your blog will help me decide which of the different places that would be best suited for me when I retire. Sincerely, Bill Elliott