Latest Blog Posts »
- Chorizo al Vino Tinto Recipe (Chorizo in Red Wine) 1 day ago Today David takes on a true Spanish crowd-pleaser, an authentic chorizo al vino tinto (chorizo in red wine) recipe! Chorizo is a gift that keeps on giving. I fell in love with this delicious Spanish sausage when I first moved to Spain six years ago, and it’s remained one of my favorite foods...
- Spanish Chicken in White Wine and Garlic Sauce (Pollo en Salsa Recipe) 4 days ago Try this traditional pollo en salsa recipe for a quick and easy chicken recipe that everyone will love. One of my favorite simple Spanish chicken dishes is this chicken in white wine and garlic sauce. In Spain, we simply call it pollo en salsa— chicken in sauce. And the sauce is what really makes...
- 12 Family-Friendly Spanish Meals 5 days ago I decided to round up some of my favorite family-friendly Spanish meals in the hope they’ll be helpful to everyone trapped inside right now! We’re almost a week into lockdown here in Madrid and one thing is certain — mealtimes are a welcome distraction from the monotony. And while we are all...
- Spanish Chicken with Tomato Sauce (Pollo con Tomate) 6 days ago This quick and easy Spanish chicken recipe makes the perfect mid-week meal. It also freezes well, so go on and double the recipe and save some for later! Here in Spain, you don’t find much chicken on restaurant menus outside of the Catalonia region. Spain is all about pork — with beef, lamb,...
- The Best Bacalhau à Brás Recipe - Portuguese Comfort Food at its Finest 1 week ago Looking for an authentic bacalhau à Brás recipe? This one comes straight from the best Portuguese cook I know. Try it to see why this is the ultimate Portuguese comfort food! Every culture has its own iconic dishes that crop up on every menu and list of must-try foods. Chances are, at least one...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.