Latest Blog Posts »
- Summer Watermelon Sangria Recipe (5 Ingredients!) 12 hours ago Watermelon is one of my favorite summer foods, and David’s watermelon sangria recipe below does this delicious fruit justice! With summer right around the corner, you can be sure that I’m whipping out every sangria recipe I know. There’s no better way to celebrate the arrival of warm...
- Marmitako Recipe | Basque Tuna Stew 1 day ago Today I share with you an easy and quick marmitako recipe. This Basque tuna stew is bursting with flavor and is ready in less than an hour! Every time I see marmitako on a restaurant’s daily lunch menu I have to order it. This Basque tuna stew is bursting with the flavor of fresh vegetables,...
- Why I'm In Love With Ginjinha - Portugal's Sour Cherry Liqueur 1 week ago Today Melissa shares a love letter to ginjinha — one of the treasures of Portugal. If you like this post, you can join Melissa live for a virtual experience all about Portuguese food, history, and travel tips. Check out her online Devour Tours Portugal experience here. Everywhere you go in...
- Albóndigas de Choco Recipe: Andalusian Cuttlefish Meatballs 1 week ago Today David shares his albóndigas de choco recipe, a classic dish in southern Spain, and one of my husband’s favorites! I always used to get confused by tapas dishes made with “choco”. When I first moved to Spain, it seemed like cooks kept putting chocolate in dishes where it didn’t...
- Burnt Basque Cheesecake Recipe 1 week ago I first tasted burnt Basque cheesecake long before it became world-famous. Now it even has its own hashtag on Instagram! This easy burnt Basque cheesecake recipe comes from the Devour Tours cookbook and is based on the original version served at La Viña in San Sebastián. About ten years ago I...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.