Latest Blog Posts »
- Poached Langoustine & Prawn Ravioli with Lemons, Capers & Manzanilla 1 week ago Happy International Sherry Week everyone! It’s that time of year again, when wine lovers around the world celebrate one of the most unique and undervalued wine regions. It’s also time for the annual “Pour and Pair” competition, in which 20 bloggers are given different sherries by chance....
- 12 Must Try Foods in Naples - Eat Like a Local in Naples 2 weeks ago There is no better way to discover a destination than to connect with the local culture, cuisine, and community. Luckily, that’s just what I did on a recent trip to Naples, Italy. Read on for my top tips and list of 12 must try foods in Naples. I grew up eating the foods of Naples, Italy...
- Pastéis de Nata in Lisbon: The Story Behind These Classic Portuguese Pastries 2 weeks ago If you’ve spent any time in Portugal, you’ve undoubtedly encountered the iconic pastéis de nata. They beckon from every bakery window with their flaky crusts, custardy centers, and carefully caramelized surfaces. In the capital and throughout the country, they’re cheap, they’re delicious,...
- Squid and Potato Stew Recipe (Guiso de Chipirones con Patatas) 2 weeks ago Before living in Spain I’d had my fair share of fried calamari (I still miss the Rhode Island style squid I grew up on — dripping in butter and spicy banana peppers), but I’d rarely eaten calamari (or squid or cuttlefish for that matter) any other way. Here in Spain the preparations are...
- The Best Walking Tours in Madrid - Discover the Spanish Capital on Foot 4 weeks ago It’s no secret that Madrid is one of Europe’s most beautiful and culture-packed cities. Ornate architecture, sprawling parks, winding cobblestone streets, traditional bars and cafes on every corner, a Royal Palace… what’s not to love? Tourists and travelers from around the world flock to...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.