Latest Blog Posts »
- 12 Must Try Foods in Paris - Eat Like a Local in Paris 2 weeks ago Some people dive into a new destination through monuments and museums — I do it through the food. My goal is to connect with the local culture and cuisine, which usually means market visits, food tours, and hidden away restaurants are involved. On my recent foodie trip to Paris, I hit the streets...
- Spanish Christmas Lamb Recipe - Slow Roasted Lamb with Potatoes and Onions (Cordero con Patatas y Cebolla) 2 weeks ago One of my favorite holiday recipes is Spanish Christmas lamb. Read on for how to prepare this delicious main dish. Depending on where you live in Spain, Christmas dinner can mean different things (from cold shellfish to hot turkey!), but I think one of the most elegant and delicious Christmas...
- Sherry Spiked Pecan Pie Recipe - The Best Pecan Pie You'll Try 2 months ago This sherry spiked pecan pie recipe adds nutty oloroso sherry to the mix for an unforgettable depth of flavor. This is the perfect pecan pie recipe for Thanksgiving. I know what you’re thinking — wine in my pecan pie? But this is not just any wine here — this is oloroso sherry, a dry and...
- Manchego Mashed Potatoes Recipe - Add a Spanish Twist to this Creamy Side Dish 2 months ago A Spanish take on a childhood favorite, this Manchego mashed potatoes recipe is a sure crowdpleaser. From the time I was a child, one of my favorite foods has been mashed potatoes. Call me simple, but there was nothing better than a heaping bowl of my mom’s creamy, buttery mashed potatoes. I...
- Spanish Style Roasted Carrots with Cumin and Paprika Recipe 1 month ago I love adding a Spanish twist to classic winter recipes. Up today? Spanish style roasted carrots with cumin and paprika. One of my favorite Spanish vegetable recipes for summer is zanahorias aliñadas. These pickled carrots are smothered in garlic and cumin and then drizzled with the best...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.