An American Expat in Scotland
Latest Blog Posts »
- Giant Pandas in Macau 4 years ago Last week while visiting Macau, which is a part of China similar to Hong Kong, I had the opportunity to visit the Macao Giant Panda Pavilion. Macau has four giant pandas, the two parents and two baby pandas. When I got to the zoo, all four of them were napping. I was afraid that I just wasted money...
- Las Vegas 5 years ago I recently made my first trip to Las Vegas. The first night I stayed in the historic El Cortez downtown. The El Cortez has the best blackjack games for lowrollers, and the hotel rooms in the tower, while not the most modern rooms, are huge given the low prices. For the rest of the week I stayed in...
- Cathkin Park 5 years ago Cathkin Park in Glasgow was known as Hampden Park from 1884 to 1903. During its time as Scotland's national stadium, it hosted many Scottish Cup Finals and Scottish internationals. It is where Hibs won the Scottish Cup in 1887. I left in the ambient and bird sounds in to serve as a contrast between...
- Changing of the Guard at the Kremlin 5 years ago Today I watched the noon changing of the guard at the Russian tomb of the unknown solder at the Kremlin in Moscow.
- Crystal Palace Dinosaurs 5 years ago
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on An American Expat in Scotland
14:39 PM July 06, 2015
My husband is thinking of applying to Glasgow School of Art for his MFA. We live in Baltimore, MD, USA... I stumbled upon your blog this morning and have enjoyed reading thus far.... trying to get a sense of life in Scotland for an American... I will continue to check in with your blog. Ashley