Texan In The Philippines
Latest Blog Posts »
- 27 - 29 March 2020 5 days ago 27 Mar: Last night I was told that today is the day that no one is allowed to go outside their houses. I’m not sure if that’s true, seems silly, but I don’t have anywhere to go anyway, so I’ll just play it safe and stay indoors. So this could be a very boring entry […]
- Quarantine Pass and Globe 1 week ago 22 Mar: In the last post I told you I would explain why I do not call Globe to fix my intermittent internet connection. Well this is why. I have called them. I have called them twice. Each time when I get to the point that I ask to talk to a Globe representative they […]
- New Post Procedures, Virus and Internet 1 week ago To try to keep the posts regular I’m going to try to remember to post a little bit each day on here and then after I get it big enough, I’ll just post it. It seems like a good plan to me, if I can remember to write in here each day, or at least […]
- COVID-19, Globe and Mango Lounge 2 weeks ago Yes, the Corona-virus has hit the island. It’s not severe, but they are still taking precautions. Mostly I will be at home for now. The only place I plan to go in the next two weeks is the Mango Lounge or Islander Cafe. They are both within a couple of minutes’ walk from here. From...
- Getting Y'all Up to Date 3 weeks ago Obviously its been too long since my last post. It’s not like I could not have posted anything, I could have, but didn’t. Too freaking lazy I guess. Also, I almost sold this site to someone. It seems he changed his mind though. I think the content would have been much different. He...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Texan In The Philippines
06:42 AM November 22, 2012
great blog great info well written
23:04 PM December 09, 2012
this is very interesting. nice blog and i enjoy reading it. always interesting stories for readers to know about living in the philippines!
09:43 AM February 21, 2013
This blog has been very interesting to me. It's run buy a nice guy who actually communicates with other bloggers, and he works diligently at not only telling his own story, but introducing folks to his little corner of the Philippines. recommended.
15:03 PM March 20, 2013
A fellow blogger in Calbayog City, Samar. John's insights into every day life and his blow-by-blow blogging style keep his readers coming back for more.
04:38 AM May 18, 2013
Please ask your wife to put in a few good cooking rescipes but make it simple for us men folk to follow, Im tired of eating the same thing.
19:41 PM May 08, 2015
interesting articles and I'm always looking for info from expats that have already made the move to the Philippines. because my asawa and I are planning are own move there soon.
20:15 PM July 18, 2016
Great blog, you'll learn a lot from his stories and day to day life experience in the Philippines. He's funny too, he usually throw some humor on his blog.