- Home » Expat Blogs » Turkey » Ankara » Adventures in Ankara
Adventures in Ankara
Adventures in Ankara
Musings of a Philadelphia lawyer who quit her day job and moved to Turkey. Exploring Turkey with photography and wit, learning and sharing the cuisine, and providing useful information to expats and visitors.
Latest Blog Posts »
- When Ayranci Came to Manayunk 2 years ago Yeah, I like that title too. It seems like I start all of my posts these days with, “I haven’t written in a long time.” From now on, and until otherwise notified, let’s take it as a gimme that I won’t write unless I’m moved – when I really have something to say. So, we... Continue...
- My biggest fan, my brother, my friend 2 years ago Greetings old friends. I haven’t taken the time to keep up with you, to ask how you are doing, or to share my view of the world with you. In fact, earlier this week I mulled over whether I should shut down my blog since I have not kept it up-to-date. But yesterday, I learned... Continue Reading...
- Doing the Math & My Love of All Things Paşabahçe 3 years ago When I first moved to Turkey in 2010, I quickly realized that I was constantly converting figures whether it be measurements, temperatures or money. Some equations were easy. Temperatures, of course, were more difficult, after all, those involved a whole formula! For me, the money conversions...
- The Return of "Far from the Sticks" 3 years ago We all have things we used to do and plan to do again someday. For me, blogging is one of them. I used to post 3 to 4 times a week. Then I left Turkey. I had hoped that with the help of friends, I could keep my readers informed of the comings and goings... Continue Reading →
- Kiteboarding Turkey 3 years ago I’m not a water sports person, so I have no idea when kiteboarding, also known as kite surfing, became popular. I would love to share with you, however, my firsthand experience having watched it live in Turkey. At the end of summer 2018, we took a trip to Burhaniye (Ayvalik) on the western coast....
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Adventures in Ankara has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!