Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Travel Apps, Maps, and More Bang for Your Travel Bucks 2 weeks ago Nothing is ever called Welcome back without a Journey. If you desire to get results, you work it out, rather than hoping and wishing. Hope you understand this my friend. Travel has always been our passion. Now that we are … Continue reading →
- Reverse Culture Shock 1 month ago “When you travel overseas, the locals see you as a foreigner, and when you return, you see the locals as foreigners.” ― Robert Black “Reverse culture shock is the emotional and psychological distress suffered by some people when they return … Continue reading →
- Part Two: Collective Mentality 1 month ago “From one dog all the dogs bark.” ― Marty Rubin Please read Part One: Opposition or Enemy first. I believe it will help you to understand my train of thoughts as I venture into the twilight zone in Part … Continue reading →
- Part One: Opposition or Enemy? 1 month ago “Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all … Continue reading →
- Coming Home? 2 months ago “There is a kind of madness about going far away and then coming back all changed.”~ Gypsytoes Madness describes my feelings about returning home. I haven’t written on my blog for months because what can I say that hasn’t already … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!