Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Not my Circus! Not My Monkeys! 1 month ago Originally posted on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua: I watched the talking heads on CNN the other night and suddenly realized that I was screaming at the TV, “Not my circus! Not my monkeys!” When my anxiety decreased, I became…
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lines of the Andes Mountains 2 months ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is Lines “Nature creates curved lines, while humans create straight lines.” ~Hideki Yukawa In Mendoza, Argentina, we followed straight manmade lines along the road which wove into the Andes Mountains. We headed to the boundary of Chile … Continue reading →
- The Nicaraguan Evolution Continues: Basta Ya! 2 months ago “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt 63 dead, 15 still missing, many injured I’ve written regular updates to my family and friends on Facebook … Continue reading →
- Francisco's Plight 3 months ago “Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of … Continue reading →
- Evolution in Nicaragua 3 months ago “Those who do not move, do not notice their chains.” ― Rosa Luxemburg I don’t know where to begin … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!