Two Suitcases and a Tin Pot
Latest Blog Posts »
- Mapshalia: Megrelian cuisine with a smile 3 months ago Mapshalia is as unassuming as they come. The entrance – a small doorway down a few steps – is marked simply in Georgian, the throng of locals dragging on their cigarettes outside (smoking indoors is now illegal in Georgia) the only give away that there’s something worth seeing inside. The...
- Guest post: Teacher Rachel's balsamic glazed chicken livers with cauli-rice and roasted hummus 5 months ago The biggest threat we are facing in 2018 is carbs. The nasty, unrefined kind! The ones that make pizza, curry and rice, the simple toasted sarmie and happiness. They are evil! Worse, way worse than global warming, plastic in the sea or the threat of the Ruskies. Yip, I went there. Luckily, I have...
- Accidentally the best corn bread recipe 8 months ago Buy a restaurant, they said. It’ll be fun, they said. Four years down the line and I’ve aged a decade, haven’t had two consecutive nights of good sleep in 1562 days and have been relegated to those tier D friends who only get invited to shindigs when half the town has come down with the […]
- On why I heart Istanbul. 3 years ago Hello world! It’s been a while. Life took one of those unexpected little turns that we like to say are sent to make us stronger, just so we can all feel better about the bad days and have something to put on those motivational posters that feature fluffy goslings swimming against a current....
- Smoorsnoek samoosas 4 years ago With Oscar’s story seemingly having more holes than a good Emmentaler, and a president whose chickens live in better quarters than the average South African, we are about ready for an icon we can look up to. There aren’t many contenders. Frankly, a dim witted fish would do the job at this...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: China Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Two Suitcases and a Tin Pot
15:34 PM December 07, 2012
In my opinion, one of the funniest blogs out there! She manages to inject humour into those sad and lonely moments we all experience as expats. I have never been to China, but she makes me want to go there! Even if they spit everywhere.
19:27 PM December 07, 2012
A talented and gifted writer with an extaordinary sense of humour and observation. This blog is a gem and must become a book!
06:44 AM December 08, 2012
This blog is a treasure-trove of spirit enriching gems. Every visit uplifts and broadens horizons. She has a positive energy that shines through and an amazing amount of info is dished up with a GREAT sense of humour! Would be the first to grab this off the shelves should it be published!
08:47 AM December 09, 2012
The talent lies not only in the prose, but in the photography too. I love reading this blog and eagerly anticipate next post!
11:58 AM December 10, 2012
I love this whitty blog... it's so easy to relate to and I find myself drifting off and imagining myself in China! You truly have found your calling!
14:47 PM December 15, 2012
I always look forward to another article appearing in this blog. Whether it be food, travel or just life experiences, she manages to entertain and her photography is exceptional.
08:47 AM December 17, 2012
Witty. Entertaining. Insightful. And most of all, full of useful tips. Love it!
18:25 PM December 19, 2012
Living vicariously through these posts. Simply joyous !