Latest Blog Posts »
- The Irish Gift Guide - For Animal Lovers 1 day ago This was a fun one to write and research. There are so many gorgeous products out there and lots of artists doing animals portraits but I’ll try to give you a bit of variety rather than include them all. Ecomutt. Aromatherapy grooming products for dogs and soaps & candles for dog lovers. All...
- The Irish Gift Guide - Gardener Edition 3 days ago I’ve had such a great response to my Irish gift guides that I’ve decided to write one dedicated to the gardener in your life. I hope you enjoy the suggestions and happy shopping. Future Forests. What could be nicer than a fruit tree? I love the selection on Future Forests, they have apple tree...
- The Irish Gift Guide - Clothing Edition 1 week ago As the gift guides are proving to be very popular I thought I do one for Irish clothing. Here are some websites I’ve spotted and love, and I thought you might too. Pretty Bird. If you are into gardening, farming, festivals, or are just looking for gorgeous outdoor wear this is the site for...
- The Irish Gift Guide Part 3 1 week ago I’ve had a brilliant response to the gift guides and I hear you have been buying from the websites I’ve shared, so here’s part 3. This one is dedicated to the Bite the Biscuit Backers. Bite the Biscuit is a great Facebook group run by Tara Boo – who is amazing. The group is very... Continue...
- Two online classes you should know about 1 week ago With much of life going online due to Covid I’ve been keeping a look out for things I think might appeal to my readers. The one good thing about online classes is that your location isn’t a problem. The classes I’m posting about cater for people to take part at their own convenience. So...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.