Latest Blog Posts »
- A day with a difference 2 days ago Do you know when you meet someone and it’s like you’ve known them for years? Well that happened today. A lady who I’ve chatted to on Twitter is visiting Ireland so we met up and I took her on a whistle stop tour of some of my favourite places. We started in The Holy Well… Continue reading A...
- I can see clearly now... 2 days ago I’ve had a bit of trouble with my eyes in the last few months. They’ve been burning and really sore so I asked around for recommendations and a few people suggested Mulreany Guckian Opticians so I booked an eye test and I have to say I was so impressed! From start to finish the ladies...
- One door closes 4 days ago It was my last day at Ireland West Airport today. It’s a bittersweet day. I’ve loved my summer job there. I’ve learned a lot about myself and about other people. When I first started there I wasn’t sure that I’d have the courage to walk up to strangers and carry out a survey. I did…...
- More than a feeling 6 days ago I went along to the Mamogs Pregnancy and Family Wellness Day today in the Sligo Park Hotel…and before you ask I’m not pregnant! It sounded like a great day with a lot of interesting speakers and it was a great event. I listened to John G Coaching speak and I was really interested in what…...
- In praise of M&S 1 week ago A post in praise Marks and Spencer. When I was a young thing I used to chuckle at my mother shopping in M&S, how little I knew. When I got older I realised M&S did the best knickers, they held in the bits they were meant to and lasted for years. Yesterday the charity shop… Continue reading In...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.