- Home » Expat Blogs » Italy » Florence » Florence for Free
Florence for Free
Florence for Free
free walks & work-arounds for rich italian adventures
Latest Blog Posts »
- Walking Tour: The Living Mona Lisa 7 years ago The Mona Lisa is intrinsically tied to France. Paris has claimed her as their own and rightfully so. Leonardo himself brought her to France when he went to work in the court of King Francis I. But Mona Lisa is not French at all. She’s Florentine. And while her portrait will likely never leave...
- upcoming events: december 2015 7 years ago Chestnuts roast in the crisp winter air. Strands of twinkling lights dance from palazzo to palazzo overhead. Pop-up shops display artisanal ornaments and cafe windows invite us inside to warm our fingers around a steaming cup of cioccolata calda. Florence kills it at Christmas. For these...
- 2015 italian bucket list 7 years ago It’s a blogging tradition around here to post a trip bucket list for every return to Italy. This one is a bit shorter than those of the past (2013, 2014). That’s due in large part to the fact that my other Italo-loving half, Hannah, won’t be along with me (she’ll certainly be there in...
- How to root for your home team from florence 7 years ago Time for a bit of a geographic detour: Last week, the Kansas City Royals (from Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.) won the World Series for the first time in 30 years. That means, that in my lifetime, I had never seen my home team take the crown. Rather, I lived through 27 opening days hearing the […]
- upcoming events: november 2015 7 years ago November, November. You can be cruel, with heavy rains and crazy fluctuating temperatures. But I’ve been not-so-patiently awaiting your arrival, as during your days I will be reunited with the city we all adore, Firenze. So until my trip, I’ll be crossing days off my calendar and stalking you...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Florence for Free has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!