A Mother Life
Latest Blog Posts »
- His and Hers for Yours. 4 months ago The fancy has arrived. When the toilet seat breaks and a replacement is required, you just know if it’s in this house, it won’t be your average run of the mill white plastic dunny seat. Nope, not here. After some years of using a handheld bidet, it was deemed time to try something new. Have...
- Sir Lickalot's Journey 4 months ago Our boy, the beautiful Leonberger known around here as Sir Lickalot went on his journey on Saturday, December 30, 2017. It was coming. I had been telling the kids for a while that his time was running out, getting old and slow. No more daily walks, he didn’t want to move around much and his...
- Hello 2016, I mean 2018 5 months ago After two entire years of writing nothing on my blog for fear of vilification during the controversial 2016 election year, I’ve come back to feel out if I had the heart to start again, and there it was, my very last draft post, waiting patiently to join the ranks of internet opinions, it feels...
- When Kids Get Jobs-Is After College Too Late? 2 years ago Grand Master D just got a job. After school a couple of nights and one of the weekend days. And it’s awesome. He did it himself. He’s 15. I think it’s great because he’s been looking for money more and more. He has had a babysitting gig for a while but now he wants something more. It’s...
- And You thought your Husband was Weird 2 years ago We all have quirks right? Some of us have stranger ones than others and we learn to navigate each others things when we live together for any length of time. It’s part of the fabric of a relationship, agreed? Well this story is just weird enough that you guys need to know, I’m living with a...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Things You Should Visit in New York without Breaking the Budget Writing Contest March 2013 New York City is a tourist Mecca. The place is fairly hoping day and night. Nothing shuts it down, well nothing short of 10-20 inches of snow but hey that brings a nice peace to it anyway. The problem is that it can be expensive. Here's some ways to...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on A Mother Life
00:54 AM March 14, 2013
A Mother Life is a "must read" blog. Interesting, fun and often spit-your-drink-out funny. Always at the edge of my seat waiting to see what she has in store for us next.
01:00 AM March 14, 2013
A Mother Life is a very unique look at life through the eyes of an Aussie turned New Yorker. She writes honest, hilarious pieces about her life with her husband and two kids, one of which is an aspiring film maker, and her amazing but special dog, Sir Licks a Lot. Her blog makes me laugh, makes me cry, and I always feel like I am right next to her when I read her words. Her writing is simply the best! What are you waiting for? Go read her. Now.
01:11 AM March 14, 2013
Molley makes being an expat seem like something anyone can do. She has managed to integrate her children beautifully and even thought she admits it is not always easy, she proves a sense of humor can make it always bearable. I LOVE THIS BLOG!!
01:21 AM March 14, 2013
Molley is one of my favorite tell-it-like-it-is bloggers! So much heart, humor & wit in one place! A must read!
03:42 AM March 14, 2013
Molley is a hilarious and gifted writer. She entertains whether writing about a trip to the doctor, or a trip to Spain. Within a sentence or two, you're transported to her kitchen table, listening to her tell you about her latest adventure over a cup of coffee (and a vegemite sandwich).
11:56 AM March 14, 2013
Having lived for 11 years as an expat myself, I find Molley's blog extremely entertaining. She finds the humor in everything, and has a gift for making her readers want to come back for MORE. She's such a delight, and I'm so happy to see her being featured here!
13:37 PM March 14, 2013
Molley is such an honest, funny, down to earth blogger. Reading her blog feels like talking to one of your best girlfriends. She has such a great voice, is versatile, and always entertaining.
14:10 PM March 14, 2013
Molley is amazing! I look forward to reading her writing every day. She brings a levity to daily circumstances and regales her readers with hilarious traveling adventures. A Mother's Life is a blog you NEED to add to your daily reading list.
15:48 PM March 14, 2013
Molly is a mother we can all relate to. She shares her insights on life with heart and humor. She reaches across the cultural lines as if there were none. Her Australian background adds an element of honesty that few bloggers can harness.
16:47 PM March 14, 2013
A Mother Life is awesome! Molley can make you laugh and she can make you pause and think! I highly recommend her blog!
16:04 PM March 15, 2013
If you haven't yet 'met' Molley and her family, you are missing out. Full of laughter and love, A Mother's Life is a fun look a New York through an Aussie's eyes.
17:03 PM March 22, 2013
Whether or not Australia is upside-down or right-side-up isn't the point; the point is the Molley has a great sense of making sense of living in America with Aussie eyes with her brood. Of all places to live, Molley chose New York, one of world's most dynamic cities. Molley regales her readers with insights and humor of the the ups and down(unders) of living in America. Australians are known for their candor and it's Molley's sense of style and flair that makes that candor a true treat for anyone who happens upon her musings.