I Eat My Pigeon
Latest Blog Posts »
- Italian Farm to Table 6 months ago In Italian, we call “farm to table” chilometro zero; food grown zero kilometers away. Just as it has in other industrialized countries, that distance from farm to table has grown exponentially here in Italy and “farm to table” has become a trendy dining “experience”. But I’ve found...
- The Best Things I Ate in 2020 (While Living in Italy During the Pandemic) 7 months ago 2020 wasn’t all terrible; despite everything, I ate very, very well! It feels almost wrong to be glad about something this year when so many are suffering. I live in Italy, one of the hardest-hit countries during the pandemic, but am one of the fortunate few who has a secure, work-from-home job,...
- Italian New Year's Eve Dinner: Millions of Lentils and Lucky Pork 7 months ago On New Year’s Eve 2019, we ate Italian New Year’s Eve dinner at home and fell asleep before midnight. It was an accident – we’d planned to go ring in the new year in the piazza as usual – and we felt very embarrassed about it. Then we laughed; silly us! We’d be sure to […] The post...
- A 3-Day Pandemic-Era Holiday Dinner in Italy 7 months ago This isn’t the year to head home to the States for the holidays, it’s not the year to head down to Calabria to his folks’, and it’s not the year to have the usual Christmas aperitivi and rimpatriate with friends. It’s not even the year to walk around looking at decorations, so it’s just...
- Ten 7 months ago August, 2020 Five days ago, we ordered our bed. It is the first piece of furniture we’ve ordered for the place, which for the days since we’ve moved back in, has lain stark and bare, like the dining room, like the foyer. We feel no rush. After all, while the renovations were being done, we...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on I Eat My Pigeon
17:31 PM October 03, 2012
Pigeon-eater Liv never fails to entertain. Whether it's tales of Old Man Antonio and his craziness, or pointing out those uniquely Italian moments that make me nod my head in recognition, her blog posts are always top value and beautifully-written.
17:58 PM October 03, 2012
Love the blog yo'. EMCx
13:31 PM October 10, 2012
Big fan. Top notch writing. Really a hammer of the written word.
13:45 PM October 10, 2012
Really love seeing the world through your words and photos. Always entertaining. Congrats.
15:28 PM October 10, 2012
A new post by Liv is always a special treat. She makes the world around her come alive, invoking the most vivid of images and characters. She is also skilled at making the reader feel what she is feeling and think what she is thinking -- she gets into our heads by making us get into hers. In sum, this is the best expat blog on the web!
16:03 PM October 10, 2012
great visual experience to read your incredibly interesting articles. Makes the reader really travel to the place in question and entertain himself with the stories described. Great writing qualities that make the reader wanting to travel more! Love it!!!
00:20 AM October 12, 2012
Liv's writing comes from the heart - and her keen, quirky, vibrant insights make foreign lands seem not so foreign, and her own expat tales a howl to read. A true gem of the Internet!!!