A blog about life in the Tuscan Maremma - a province honest in both landscape and lifestyle, promising la dolce vita and Tuscany off-the-beaten track.
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Maremma's top foods to try on holiday 4 months ago You're staring at a menu (hopefully it's in Italian) and you're trying to figure out what to order. The Maremma's traditional cuisine is very different from what you might be expecting. In Northern Tuscany, it's ribollita and bistecca Fiorentina. Classic dishes that you might recognise from forays...
- 15 free things to do in the Maremma 3 months ago Holidays can be crazy expensive, but luckily the Maremma has plenty of things you can do that won't cost a dime or a euro cent, if you're keeping things local. If you're a little skint from all the aperitivos and wild boar dinners, check out my guide to the best free activities in the Maremma.
- Where to eat in the Maremma 3 months ago It's not easy to put together a best restaurant guide to the Maremma. The Maremma is huge. In terms of land mass, it makes up a third of Tuscany and despite my VERY best efforts, I haven't been to every restaurant in the area. But! I have been to a lot of them and I can't wait to share all my fav.
- Best wine festivals 2019 edition 5 months ago The Maremma's wine festivals are some of the oldest festivals in the area. Even if you're not a wine drinker, they're a fantastic peek into the lives of the locals and a great excuse to try some great cheese and cold cuts and listen to some very uncool music from the many bands that perform at...
- A foodie guide to Florence 7 months ago I am by no means an expert when it comes to where to eat in Florence. We live so far away from the Tuscan capital that we only visit every couple of months, but I had a fantastic invitation recently from The Tour Guy! Giulio and I went on their foodie tour in Rome a...
Contest Entries »
- Table talk with Italian kindergartners Education and International Schools As I tucked into my second plate of beautifully dressed fennel with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, I knew this was the life. Content, I nudged my fellow diner, looking forward to sharing my delight over the salad greens. As I open my mouth to...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Maremma Tuscany
09:33 AM May 03, 2013
09:33 AM May 03, 2013
This is a wonderful ad very useful blog...