Latest Blog Posts »
- Covid19 Is In This Town, Lyrics 4 months ago This song is to the original The Other Side, from the film The Greatest Showman. The video will be posted below ours. Lucy was supposed to perform music from this movie for her choir concert that was cancelled. It seemed appropriate to make another music video. She wrote all the lyrics herself. And...
- Covid19 in France and Morocco, Guest Interviews 4 months ago This week I had the immense privilege of sharing my first two interview podcasts (after the interview with my daughter, which was awesome because she is awesome). I spoke with Laurie Meberg about her family's decision to stay in France and also about how all five of them (all FIVE) have had...
- Quiz: Should You Stay or Should You Go? 4 months ago Just for fun. Don't take this too seriously. What are your results?
- Fear and Hope in an Age of Disease Excerpts 4 months ago Here are portions of the April 4 podcast episode. You can hear me read the whole essay through the link. It is outdated already, I wrote it barely three weeks ago. But part of this whole podcast diary thing is to keep a record and I'm willing to say things have changed, even while looking back
- We're Not Gonna Get It. The Lyrics. 4 months ago Just in case you want to sing along with our version of Twisted Sister's We're Not Gonna Take It, here are the lyrics. Also, the original music video is totally worth watching. We didn't master the makeup but I think we did the hair pretty well. Here is the Joneses' version and down below I'll
Contest Entries »
- The Things They Bring Home From Boarding School Education and International Schools Seventh grade twins bring surprising things home from a three-month term of boarding school. I was prepared for some things, surprised by others. Here are seven things my twins bring home from boarding school and how I handle them. Hollow...
- 10 Signs You’ve Been an Expat in Djibouti Too Long (or just long enough) Expat Blog Awards 2013 From how you experience weather to a new appreciation for hot water and the habit of adding “If God wills at the end of most sentences,” life in Djibouti changes expatriates. How does life in other nations affect expatriates? Do the changes...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Djibouti Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Djibouti!Copy and paste code to display the Djibouti Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Djibouti Jones has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!