Latest Blog Posts »
- 11 Ways to Wipe Your Dji-Booty Sans TP 17 hours ago I'm having fun with my silly, short, sometimes serious podcast episodes. They are all less than 10:00 so you can totally binge listen while doing push-ups and sit-ups or making a sandwich or eating donuts. In Episode 11 I shared vital tips for facing the (apparent) toilet paper shortage. 11 other...
- Djibouti Jones COVID19 Diary, Episodes 1-6 1 week ago What is happening in Djibouti in regards to the COVID19 pandemic? I decided to process it out loud, every day, just a a brief glimpse. Have a listen. Enjoy. March 17. Connected. March 18. It Is Here. March 19. We Know How to Take Care of Each Other. March 20. What is Hoarding? Plus, a
- In Case You Missed It 1 week ago Here are some links to essays and podcasts that come out in the past few weeks, just in case you missed them and are looking for something "else." You know what I mean. Pleasure and Pain, in The Smart Set COVID19 and the Expatriate, at A Life Overseas Creating Community in Djibouti, podcast at
- 11 Books to Read During COVID-19 2 weeks ago Start with: Stronger than Death: How Annalena Defied Terror and Tuberculosis in the Horn of Africa This book will show you how to live in a time of contagious disease and fear. I am so inspired by Annalena, as I think comes across in the book. She was relentless in her love and care for
- Two Podcasts and an Essay 2 weeks ago I'm pumped to share two podcast episodes with y'all and an essay. Maybe we need a break from COVID-19 news? Maybe we need to be thankful for things like podcasts and reading essays - things we can do while in isolation or quarantine to pass the time? I know what it is like to be
Contest Entries »
- The Things They Bring Home From Boarding School Education and International Schools Seventh grade twins bring surprising things home from a three-month term of boarding school. I was prepared for some things, surprised by others. Here are seven things my twins bring home from boarding school and how I handle them. Hollow...
- 10 Signs You’ve Been an Expat in Djibouti Too Long (or just long enough) Expat Blog Awards 2013 From how you experience weather to a new appreciation for hot water and the habit of adding “If God wills at the end of most sentences,” life in Djibouti changes expatriates. How does life in other nations affect expatriates? Do the changes...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Djibouti Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Djibouti!Copy and paste code to display the Djibouti Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Djibouti Jones has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!