Latest Blog Posts »
- Wordfairy has taken over 1 year ago Since PC ceased posting in 2018, wordfairy.co.uk has taken over. Do pay a visit for any writing, editing or blogging requirements.
- A month in the country 3 years ago I was never meant to resurrect Partly Cloudy. It could have been seen as attention-seeking, like threatening to leave then not going, or waving madly just to get people to look. But then this summer happened, and having one last … Continue reading →
- The last post 4 years ago I wrote most of this in a local library, the same one in which I did all my A-level revision some 30 years ago. I chose a table in Crime, an appropriate area to sit in since I’d come to … Continue reading →
- Enter the dragon (exit via the gift shop) 4 years ago In Chinese temples you enter via the dragon door and exit through the tiger, having moved in a counterclockwise direction through the building. If I throw a load of pins on a map of the Far East I can’t see … Continue reading →
- If you leave me now... 4 years ago As the timer’s counted down, I’ve spent a lot of time whizzing about the city in cabs, most of which are tuned in to Singapore’s bluesy, drowsy retro radio stations. WHY there is this national interest in cheesy schmooze I … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Welcome to Singapore: don't look down Expat Blog Awards 2013 Not long after we moved to Singapore a friend came to visit. Together we worked out a list of places she wanted to see and then we caught a bus to town, ready to hop onto the tourist trail.‘There’s just one thing,’ she warned me as we trundled...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Partly Cloudy
16:24 PM May 22, 2013
Genuine, funny, thoughtful. This is the best ex-pat blog, even better than my own.
16:34 PM May 22, 2013
Brilliantly written and so evocative. Love how this blog highlights the highs and lows of being away from home with great humour but also such tenderness. Beutiful.