Life, the Universe and Lani
Latest Blog Posts »
- 10 things I love about myself 5 hours ago I wish I could say that this list came easy for me, but alas it did not. I love this idea though! I got it from Gallantly Gal. You must do it, too. Then post it for the world to see! And no, you may not “balance” it out with a follow up post called… Continue reading →
- Breaking bad Asian stereotypes 1 week ago First of all, as an Asian American living in Asia, this is an interesting (and dare I say, amusing) topic to investigate. I’ve been trying to understand why this is entertaining for me though. I guess because I have what I consider a more balanced view of stereotypes. I understand that some...
- Learning to be vulnerable in writing and life 3 weeks ago “Do you ever have dark thoughts?” My best friend from high school looked at me, paused, and then said, “Yes.” I nodded. That’s all I needed to know. One of the reasons why I was so enamored with standup comedians as a child was they were vulnerable in front of hundreds, often thousands of...
- Reflecting on the windows I've known and loved 2 months ago “Desirable views have a hint of mystery. We like to understand and enjoy what is happening around us, and to imagine that if we traveled from where we are into the unknown we would meet with pleasant surprises…” – Psychology Today When we first arrived back to Thailand, the skies were muddy...
- Can you cook Thai food? 3 months ago Upon learning that I am half-Thai, folks want to know, “Can you cook Thai food?” When I was younger, the answer was no. As in why on God’s green and blue earth would I want to? My mom can cook wonderfully though, thank you. As I got older, I became annoyed by my mom’s badgering.… Continue...
Contest Entries »
- Ten Things Thailand Has Taught Me Expat Blog Awards 2013 Thailand. The football cheer and chant of trapezing travellers. An expat port of call, and a backpacker’s paradise for the budget and banana pancake minded. It’s many things to many people, but to me, it’s where my mother was born, my...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Thailand Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Thailand!Copy and paste code to display the Thailand Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Life, the Universe and Lani
04:00 AM May 15, 2014
I just started thinking about moving to Thailand and finding out about it. I am not a blogger usually, but this blog seems chock full of information, like a giant vitamin, or a juicy orange full of vitamin C, potassium and all the other good stuff an orange has. Especially the way it tastes. This blog just seems to taste good. But it's the first blog I've checked out about Thailand. Maybe I will eventually be disappointed but I think the bar has been set fairly high so I am not expecting that. Anyway, for now I love the juice, which I haven't even finished.
07:07 AM August 10, 2014
Thanks John! I don't think my blog has ever been compared to an orange before. 555+