Life, the Universe and Lani
Latest Blog Posts »
- That time I climbed a mountain... 1 day ago It’s that time of year again! And while I contemplated sharing reflection or gratitude posts, I decided to round out the year with a true short story that I hope you will find humorous and entertaining. “I’m thinking of checking out Babcock.” Cameron, the director of an outdoor adventure...
- Things I understand now that I'm an adult 1 week ago Remember when you were a kid and you’d look up at all the things that adults did and you’d go – WHY? Well, I don’t wonder anymore. // Passing out after work My stepfather worked in construction so he was on his feet most of the day. When he came home he’d open up a… Continue reading →
- A year of do-overs 4 weeks ago Perhaps it is too soon to reflect on the year past, but I’m currently occupying that space between here and there. In other words, I’m getting ready to move from Northern Thailand to Central Thailand. And instead of doing the impatient-dance, I’m diving into deep creative waters (at least as...
- How to socialize: an introvert's guide 2 months ago I know. I know. You’re freaking out because you have a friend’s birthday to go to. It’s also that time of year again – the holidays! I understand. Shhhh. I’ve got some ideas and tips. First, the good news. You don’t have to go out to every event you are invited to. And if you’re…...
- Have sick sack, will travel 3 months ago Some people travel well. They can read while traveling, eat, sleep, watch movies, play games, and even join the mile high club. I’m not one of those people. I’m not sure when I first discovered this. While we were on a road trip from Barstow California (one of the armpits of America) to Cedar...
Contest Entries »
- Ten Things Thailand Has Taught Me Expat Blog Awards 2013 Thailand. The football cheer and chant of trapezing travellers. An expat port of call, and a backpacker’s paradise for the budget and banana pancake minded. It’s many things to many people, but to me, it’s where my mother was born, my...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Thailand Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Thailand!Copy and paste code to display the Thailand Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Life, the Universe and Lani
04:00 AM May 15, 2014
I just started thinking about moving to Thailand and finding out about it. I am not a blogger usually, but this blog seems chock full of information, like a giant vitamin, or a juicy orange full of vitamin C, potassium and all the other good stuff an orange has. Especially the way it tastes. This blog just seems to taste good. But it's the first blog I've checked out about Thailand. Maybe I will eventually be disappointed but I think the bar has been set fairly high so I am not expecting that. Anyway, for now I love the juice, which I haven't even finished.
07:07 AM August 10, 2014
Thanks John! I don't think my blog has ever been compared to an orange before. 555+