Life, the Universe and Lani
Latest Blog Posts »
- Awkward weird dates, I've had a few... 3 days ago It’s been years since I wrote a painful-but-true Valentine’s Day post, so I thought I’d dust off the ‘ol corners of the brain, and pull out the EMBARRASSING MOMENTS file for your stupid holiday pleasure. Enjoy. Flirting on the phone with strangers Back in the day, we used landline phones....
- Looking back to move forward: What changes will you make this year? 2 weeks ago Many years ago, I was chatting with an old college friend and he confided that he always felt like one of the keys to a perfect life was eluding him. “What do you mean?” I said. “Well, there are four pillars, so to speak, what you need in order to be happy or feel complete.… Continue...
- What's your relationship with money? 2 months ago I have a complicated (and unhealthy) relationship with money and like a lot of issues that need examining, this one starts with childhood. At home My mother is obsessed with it. My father was frugal, but beyond that he hasn’t influenced me like my mother because he died when I was very young. I...
- Do you have a kitchen? Do you cook? 3 months ago Do you have a kitchen? Apparently, that’s not such a strange question to ask. It’s believed that by 2030, kitchens will be either shared or smaller due to more people ordering-in. When I was growing up big kitchens were considered selling points so to hear that kitchens are shrinking seems...
- Things I understand now that I'm an adult 3 months ago Remember when you were a kid and you’d look up at all the things that adults did and you’d go – WHY? Well, I don’t wonder anymore. // Passing out after work My stepfather worked in construction so he was on his feet most of the day. When he came home he’d open up a… Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Ten Things Thailand Has Taught Me Expat Blog Awards 2013 Thailand. The football cheer and chant of trapezing travellers. An expat port of call, and a backpacker’s paradise for the budget and banana pancake minded. It’s many things to many people, but to me, it’s where my mother was born, my...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Thailand Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Thailand!Copy and paste code to display the Thailand Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Life, the Universe and Lani
04:00 AM May 15, 2014
I just started thinking about moving to Thailand and finding out about it. I am not a blogger usually, but this blog seems chock full of information, like a giant vitamin, or a juicy orange full of vitamin C, potassium and all the other good stuff an orange has. Especially the way it tastes. This blog just seems to taste good. But it's the first blog I've checked out about Thailand. Maybe I will eventually be disappointed but I think the bar has been set fairly high so I am not expecting that. Anyway, for now I love the juice, which I haven't even finished.
07:07 AM August 10, 2014
Thanks John! I don't think my blog has ever been compared to an orange before. 555+