Life, the Universe and Lani
Latest Blog Posts »
- What's your relationship to poetry? 14 hours ago It was my junior or senior year in high school when I fell in love with poetry. I think like a lot of people I had a preconceived idea of what poetry was and I had decided it wasn’t for me. Since English was my first class of the day, I used to put on… Continue reading →
- Why I love being a domestic goddess 1 week ago Okay, okay, maybe domestic goddess is too strong a term, but I do enjoy cooking, keeping a clean house, and staying at home. When it’s cold out, I’ve been known to pick up my crochet needles. I can build a fire to warm up a winter home. I love to bake. (I miss baking! Thai… Continue reading...
- Let's go to Khao Yai National Park 3 weeks ago Despite my small role as a chaperone, the humidity, heat, and great fear of wild monkeys, I enjoyed our trip to Khao Yai National Park. Khao Yai is a World Heritage Site declared by UNESCO, includes rain and evergreen forests and grassland, and is home to “more than 800 fauna species, including...
- Are you a morning or night person? 2 months ago I’m definitely a morning person and by that I mean I’m more productive in the daytime. I used to wake up with the Hawaiian sun shining through my bedroom window. (Doesn’t that sound like something out of a Disney cartoon!) I didn’t own an alarm clock until I moved to the Mainland (or...
- What is home? (a nomad reflects) 3 months ago Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. – Matsuo Basho I’ve done a lot of moving in my life in attempt to discover where I belong. I’ve moved from Portland, Oregon, down to Chico, California, then further still to Oceanside, California. And when we were fed up with the West...
Contest Entries »
- Ten Things Thailand Has Taught Me Expat Blog Awards 2013 Thailand. The football cheer and chant of trapezing travellers. An expat port of call, and a backpacker’s paradise for the budget and banana pancake minded. It’s many things to many people, but to me, it’s where my mother was born, my...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Thailand Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Thailand!Copy and paste code to display the Thailand Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Life, the Universe and Lani
04:00 AM May 15, 2014
I just started thinking about moving to Thailand and finding out about it. I am not a blogger usually, but this blog seems chock full of information, like a giant vitamin, or a juicy orange full of vitamin C, potassium and all the other good stuff an orange has. Especially the way it tastes. This blog just seems to taste good. But it's the first blog I've checked out about Thailand. Maybe I will eventually be disappointed but I think the bar has been set fairly high so I am not expecting that. Anyway, for now I love the juice, which I haven't even finished.
07:07 AM August 10, 2014
Thanks John! I don't think my blog has ever been compared to an orange before. 555+