Life, the Universe and Lani
Latest Blog Posts »
- Have sick sack, will travel 1 day ago Some people travel well. They can read while traveling, eat, sleep, watch movies, play games, and even join the mile high club. I’m not one of those people. I’m not sure when I first discovered this. While we were on a road trip from Barstow California (one of the armpits of America) to Cedar...
- What's your relationship with change? 2 weeks ago As a Taurus, I’m told I don’t like change. Yet, my life-line so far has been a series of interruptions and situations that have forced me to adapt. After college the longest I’ve ever lived in the same town was for about three years, and that’s not counting the times I moved within the...
- Excuses, excuses: why I haven't finished my memoir yet 2 months ago I might be procrastinating. Or maybe I’m taking my time! I’m definitely trying to avoid rushing the process because that’s what I did last time, and I regretted it. Also, I’ve run into a few problems. It’s nothing that can’t be solved. I’m not worried. Let me explain. /1/ I’ve got...
- What's your relationship with social media and your phone? 1 month ago I was late to social media. An old high school friend convinced me to get on Facebook because “everyone was doing it”. She excitedly talked about how she reconnected with so many friends from school. Funnily, while I enjoyed high school because I was part of the theatre program, I wasn’t...
- 10 things I love about myself 2 months ago I wish I could say that this list came easy for me, but alas it did not. I love this idea though! I got it from Gallantly Gal. You must do it, too. Then post it for the world to see! And no, you may not “balance” it out with a follow up post called… Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Ten Things Thailand Has Taught Me Expat Blog Awards 2013 Thailand. The football cheer and chant of trapezing travellers. An expat port of call, and a backpacker’s paradise for the budget and banana pancake minded. It’s many things to many people, but to me, it’s where my mother was born, my...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Thailand Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Thailand!Copy and paste code to display the Thailand Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Life, the Universe and Lani
04:00 AM May 15, 2014
I just started thinking about moving to Thailand and finding out about it. I am not a blogger usually, but this blog seems chock full of information, like a giant vitamin, or a juicy orange full of vitamin C, potassium and all the other good stuff an orange has. Especially the way it tastes. This blog just seems to taste good. But it's the first blog I've checked out about Thailand. Maybe I will eventually be disappointed but I think the bar has been set fairly high so I am not expecting that. Anyway, for now I love the juice, which I haven't even finished.
07:07 AM August 10, 2014
Thanks John! I don't think my blog has ever been compared to an orange before. 555+