Dreaming in Arabic
Latest Blog Posts »
- Constant Flux - How Changes Shape the Skyline and Experience of Living in the UAE 2 days ago Nothing stands as a stronger sign of change than when a building or group of buildings are razed to the ground to make space for redevelopment. I’ve driven past Mina Plaza Towers many… Continue reading →
- Qasr al Hosn - The Symbolic Heart of Abu Dhabi 4 weeks ago When I had to decide where and how I wanted to spend my last morning in the UAE, I thought a final visit to its symbolic heart, Qasr al Hosn, would be the… Continue reading →
- Wrapping Things Up 4 months ago “One of the fascinating things about humans is that, in contrast to stones and to water and to earth and to fields, they seem to be privileged and burdened with the ability to… Continue reading →
- Searching For Comfort in Discomfort 6 months ago “To go in search of what once was is to postpone the difficulty of living with what is.” – Barry Lopez My movements are slow and rhythmic, as the paddle dips in and… Continue reading →
- Landscapes - A Virtual Travel Adventure 8 months ago “Adventures will change you. They’ll saturate you with a fresh view of life. They’ll take every foundation you ever stood on and shake them until they crack. Adventures will tear away layer after… Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Archaeological Sites in the UAE Expat Blog Awards 2013 The United Arab Emirates is known for its glitzy, modern buildings and a lifestyle and culture that often make claims of ‘the best’, ‘the biggest’, or ‘the tallest’. Even though it is a clever marketing ploy for luring tourists and their...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Dreaming in Arabic
16:56 PM September 21, 2013
This blog features some of the most outstanding photos I've seen of the UAE as well as Oman and other fascinating places the blogger has travelled to. But what makes it a 5 star blog is that the beauty of the words match that of the pictures. Well and truly worth a visit - but allow yourself a couple of hours!