Latest Blog Posts »
- Colombia: Tierradentro 6 years ago After my Tatacoa Desert adventures, I jumped into several more colectivos (thing were starting to spice up now, with teenagers riding on top of the iron grids of trucks swerving around canyon edges) and made my way back to higher altitudes at Tierradentro. Nestled in the middle of the Caucan...
- Colombia: El Desierto de la Tatacoa 6 years ago Coming to Colombia was kind of a random decision, mostly based on a conviction that there was coffee and salsa music on every street corner. And while the tinto is not exactly the coffee fix I had dreamed about, and I still haven’t stepped on a dance floor, Colombia has impressed in other ways....
- WorkAway #3: Plockton 7 years ago Our luck on the Isle of Skye ran out the last day; leaving, we were greeted with nothing but harsh wind and cold rain. After standing on the side of the road for a couple of hours, not even one car slowed down. We were entirely frozen and devoid of hope, so we hopped on […]
- Isle of Skye 7 years ago After our second workaway, life took us north to the Isle of Skye. Five days of utter freedom, in the best place in the world to be utterly free in, before checking into our third WorkAway assignment in Plockton (about ten kilometers from the Isle of Skye). Last year that I was here, I deemed...
- WorkAway #2: Isle of Luing 7 years ago Getting from WorkAway #1 to WorkAway #2 was one of those days when it takes one jeep ride, three ferry crossings, one hitchhike ride, a bus, a hike, and eleven hours to make the 30 miles between Point A and Point B. We started the day early, with an estimated 8 AM departure time from Drumbuie […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Elefantini has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!