The Girl Behind The Red Door
Latest Blog Posts »
- Fast forward 2 years ago It's April, which means Poem-A-Day. These days I write lots and lots of long-form texts. I miss poetry. So, PAD it is.
- A Quiet Sunday 3 years ago Carrots and celery are chopped and piled high in blue stone bowls. Onion grows clear and fragrant over chicken breasts in the slow cooker. I slice a small brick of yellow butter into a red mixing bowl. Each slice lands deep in the white mound of flour, baking powder, and
- Taking Action After the Women's March 4 years ago If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with Kings--nor lose the common touch, If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you, If all men count with you, but none too much; --If, Rudyard Kipling I am a...
- The Politics of Prefiguration 4 years ago On the walk to barnehage this morning, I met a fellow mom in drop-off mode. Like many of my neighbors, she wears her headscarf under her parka; her daughters toddle beside her in matching pink snowsuits. I've seen this mom many times before and, because I'm me, I always smile
- Kolonial: Online Grocery Shopping in Oslo II 4 years ago Stuff changes so fast in Oslo. Many might think Norway remains old or stodgy or slow. Wrong. These days there's a revolution-a-minute when it comes to new enterprise. The level of education is high here. Norwegians are also overwhelmingly technologically literate and quick to embrace new tech as...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on The Girl Behind The Red Door
20:59 PM June 02, 2013
This blog rings true with insights into life of a Norwegian expat but more than that the life of a traveler. The prices are well written and vivid. GBTRD is a strong contender for the Expats in Norway Blog Award.