AWalk on the Run
Latest Blog Posts »
- Head to www.amandawalkins.com 4 years ago Hey guys! If you’ve found this site, you’ve found an outdated version of my work. Head over to http://www.amandawalkins.com to learn more. To receive the latest updates by email, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter! Cheers! -Amanda
- Reality Check: Island Life Has Limitations 5 years ago So I know I make Roatan sound like it’s all rainbows and unicorns, right? Well here’s your balancing article, all you naysayers… We are currently on Day 7 of no internet at home. You want to know why? Here’s the rundown: Tuesday evening: internet is no longer working. Router seems confused...
- A Day in the Life on Roatan 5 years ago Have you ever wondered what daily life is like here in Roatan? I know you have, because I get emails and messages from you guys all the time asking about the mundane stuff: the ins and outs and all the little details. You want to know how I fill my hours and what makes this place … Continue...
- Semana Santa in Roatan 5 years ago What is “Semana Santa” anyway? No, friends, it has nothing to do with Santa Claus. In most of Latin America, the end of Holy Week, or Easter Week, is a festival time. Most countries offer national holidays for at least Good Friday, if not other days as well. Most schools are closed and families...
- How to Move to Roatan: Minimizing and Getting Rid of All the Stuff 5 years ago In case you missed the other parts in this series on How to Move to Roatan, here’s Finding Housing, Working Abroad, Families With Children, and Safety Concerns. People contact me all the time asking for advice on how to minimize their “stuff.” When considering an international move,...
Contest Entries »
- Top 7 Excuses for Getting Sucked Into The Vortex Expat Blog Awards 2013 From the East Coast of the States, I now live in Roatan, part of the Bay Islands off the coast of Honduras. We lovingly refer to our home as The Rock or The Vortex. Clearly, it's a small rock (I'm betting most of you have never even heard of...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Honduras Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Honduras!Copy and paste code to display the Honduras Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on AWalk on the Run
00:02 AM March 09, 2014
Hey quick question please! My wife and I are thinking about some property in a development here Trujillo, on the mainland across from your island, I believe... Do you know anything about the area? As far as I can tell, it's just starting to get developed.. Any info you could share would be great... we're thinking of a trip down in late spring or early fall to check it out.
19:11 PM May 24, 2014
Hi there, Just came across your interview for your blog and started reading. Love it! I think it is so cool how you just let go and followed the flow :) I was just hoping you could keep in touch with me. I live in Denver and my boyfriend is looking into possibly buying a restaurant/bar in Roatan! Which would mean we would be diving head first into moving to the island, more than likely with a few of our friends. We will probably be heading down there in July sometime to scope out the place (would love to go sooner but BF's passport is expired :( ) maybe you have some insight for me? Any would be appreciated!