Mia Escobud Koh Phangan Tales
Latest Blog Posts »
- Koh Phangan Art on Sale Proceeds to Prisoners Support 10 months ago After recently visiting an old friend in prison, famed Koh Phangan artist Colin G Thomason decided that proceeds from his annual sale of artwork this year would go towards supporting foreign prisoners in Thai jail. In an interview with Colin, he explains:You may know that 2 years ago I sold...
- Thailand Reforms the Death Penalty for Drugs 1 year ago With 200,000 inmates - 70% of Thailand's prison population - locked up on mostly low level drug offences, ASEAN authorities are acknowledging how the War on Drugs has failed. Is Thailand, in 2017, deciding to move forward with a new approach?Thailand's Justice Minister Paiboon Koomchaya...
- Morning Visit at the Thai Prison 2 years ago 8am at the prison...Infront of a strategically placed sweat wagon, used to transport inmates in and out of this establishment, 2 guards stand to attention for the morning flag raising ceremony and National Anthem. In the prison courtyard, the pariah dogs stroll around unaware, unperturbed by the...
- How Bizarre - Koh Phangan Hippy Markets Past and Present 2 years ago Now and Then: Sunset Markets on Koh Phangan Bizarre Bazaar at Seaboard Bungalows Haad YaoBack in 1989, hippies were gathering at Koh Phangan bungalows near the beach for a social sunset market. Time leaps forward to 2016 and here we are again - a community of alternative travellers, gathering at...
- Workshop 101: How to Help Your Friend in Crisis 2 years ago Paradise to Nightmare in a split-second, Heaven to Hell in a heart beat... How many of us have felt our hearts drop to our stomachs as we realise one of our community has gone down. Circles of fate - or, some would say, inevitability - begin to tighten around us. A crushing realisation ...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 21 reviews on Mia Escobud Koh Phangan Tales
16:41 PM August 16, 2013
I have been fortunate to have traveled through asia extensively myself, & reading these blogs have evoked memories with in me, to don my backpack & follow my dreams . Very well done Mia Escobud
17:09 PM August 16, 2013
As a lover of the pure Underground sounds of Techno and House following Mia's blog is always very interesting. I often find myself transported to the island while reading her tales as they are so in depth. The pictures and reviews are amazing! I really wish to visit one day!
17:51 PM August 16, 2013
I do love Koh Phangan and I do love Mia's tales about it :) She knows what she is writing about and writes in a very lovely and informative way at the same time. Especially when I am at home in Germany and day-dreaming about the island-life it always puts a big smile on my face when I see that Mia wrote another interesting tale! I hope you keep them coming and Im very happy I found your blog!
18:16 PM August 16, 2013
Mia's writing never ceases to entertain me in so many good ways. I am teleported into a world of parties, Thai culture, ravers, travellers and many more things! Great work :)
19:48 PM August 16, 2013
A wonderfully written blog by an amazingly insightful, kind human being. It's been a pleasure to get to read these and see Thailand through western eyes.
21:03 PM August 16, 2013
Absolutely fascinating. I felt as if i was walking in your footsteps all the way to the island.
21:10 PM August 16, 2013
Being an expat, living in Koh Samui for 7 years now, I only can recommend this blog as it is the most comprehensive one about our sister island, Koh Phangan. It's a must read and follow.
01:46 AM August 17, 2013
Mia is having an amazing life and sharing it on her blog makes you fell a bitter close in this adventure....music&travels, what else do you need??? I really love to read it daydreaming to go there asap!
07:19 AM August 17, 2013
Mia weaves her life story with love and interest, in the way a spider weaves her web. There is a thread with her stories with some of my own experiences, which makes for connected reading. It's not just what she writes, but the beautiful way she tells her story. It's a story of the earth, the moon, the water, the lover, the warrior, the princess, the journey, the light, the dreams, the reality and of being. x
08:14 AM August 17, 2013
Mel rocks ;-)
16:21 PM August 17, 2013
Great evocative writing, which makes reading it such a pleasure.Mia takes you along with her, seemingly effortlessly, though obviously a lot of thought goes into it.Mia possesses wonderful descriptive powers, and I look forward to the next instalment.rj
02:33 AM August 18, 2013
I love reading Mia's blogs! Music, travel, love, inspiration, living the life, what more could we dream of. Your writing is amazing and feels so vivid while reading it... could close my eyes and easy join you on your journey. Well done and keep up the great work. Thank you for sharing x
11:54 AM August 18, 2013
Inspiring, Making me miss Thailand/koh phangan every single time I read it, and I love it...
12:31 PM August 18, 2013
after living in koh phagnan for years and now living in brazil and on the move with our boat, Mia takes me back to the amazing atmosphere of the parties in Thailand. I feel like I am still there when I read here tales of the underground. Great writing and I look forward to your next blog.
17:07 PM August 18, 2013
Love love love reading Mia's blogs , she's a natural Go Mia xx
11:49 AM August 20, 2013
Mia seems to effortlessly to capture the very essence of Thailand's wonderfulness in her writing. Reading her stories brings all my Thailand travel memories dancing back to life, giving me endless smiles, belly laughs and at times, even tears. Her writing inspired me to return to Thailand this year with my husband and young son. We had the most incredible holiday and will definitely return again next year. Love your posts Mia, definitely 5 stars!
16:43 PM August 20, 2013
Really love your blog ....looking forward to the next one...
18:35 PM August 21, 2013
I always love to read all of Mia's blogs! Her descriptive style of writing is spot on and transports you as the reader to the different locations making you feel part of the story and not just reading it. She always has fantastic topics and lends a unique perspective. Can't wait for the next one! :)
01:59 AM August 22, 2013
What a lovely find! Beautiful pictures...Thailand is just as I dreamed it would be reading this blog!
16:54 PM September 22, 2013
Personally I think Miss Mia's blogs brings back fond memories of how times used to be when I would visit Thailand and they way she details the little things and the way she describes those tedious things that we all went through and laugh about now when the young generation get hoarding into mini vans and jogged around and around needlessly. Her writing is far more sincere and funny than that of a travel paperback you might buy and with regard to her current blogs the way she makes Koh Phangan for instance feel like one huge tropical soap opera really makes you feel like you wanna go just to be part of the culture there. When done Miss Escobud look forward to your new blogs .
06:12 AM September 23, 2013
truly amazing woman