Piglet in Portugal
Latest Blog Posts »
- Pet Peeve: Cigarette Smoke 2 days ago I have a few pet peeves regarding tobacco smoke. The first is when smokers, in the company of non-smoking friends ‘light up’ which means their friends are forced to inhale tobacco smoke. Second-hand smoke is dangerous and there is no safe level of exposure I understand some people can’t...
- SoS: A Thousand Seedlings, Diseases, Fruit Trees and ... 5 days ago … okay, a thousand seedlings may be a slight exaggeration but as I survey all the seeds that have germinated so far: petunias, basil, nasturtium and curly parsley to name a few, I don’t have enough pots to prick out. Another week and another Six on Saturday (SoS). It is difficult to select my...
- I Want One! 6 days ago WoW!! Well, not quite this big! Photograph taken during a recent visit to Quinta da Ataboeira garden centre in Guia. Considering the Pony Tail palm is slow growing, I wonder how old these specimens are?
- Searching for PALL - Plastic A Lot Less. 1 week ago Originally posted on Being-PALL: From the above picture, you could be forgiven for thinking that I´m staying in a place where I can shop in a plastic free utopia. I´m not. I´m in Singapore, a country obsessed with single use plastic as much as the next. What I did do when I got here, is…
- SoS: Success, Failure and a Nice Surprise 1 week ago Thankfully, the water butts are full to the brim as are all the plastic water bottles. It truly is April showers with brilliant sunshine one minute and heavy rain the next. I seriously would not recommend a holiday in Portugal in April if you want a tan as the weather is too unreliable and it......
Contest Entries »
- Moving to Portugal - 5 Things to Consider Writing Contest October 2012 This article is not about moving to Portugal viewed through rose-tinted spectacles because although the sun shines, the beaches are stunning, the wine and beer are cheap Portugal has warts as well. The information below is based on personal...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Piglet in Portugal
16:02 PM October 15, 2012
I love Piglet´s posts, they always make me smile. She has a good writing style and a great way to portray life in Portugal.
21:10 PM November 18, 2012
great blog which covers a whole variety of topics from Portugal to gardening to recipes and to life. Beautifully written and described - I especially love the gardening posts.
21:03 PM December 05, 2012
Wonderful to see you here! You already know I love your blog - it feels like sitting down talking to you. A distinctive voice and a great sense of humor make it a perfect accompaniment to my morning coffee! You invariably set me up for the day :-)