Piglet in Portugal
Latest Blog Posts »
- Did You Hear Me Scream - SNAKE!!!!? 1 week ago I am usually not too squeamish when it comes to insects, but snakes… ewww… Natrix_natrix_(Marek_Szczepanek).jpg Last week, I was walking in the garden at the side of the house when a snake, about 1.5m long, slithered onto the path in … Continue reading →
- Queen of the Night Orchid Cactus (Epiphyllum Oxypetalum) 1 week ago About eighteen months ago I was given a small, insignificant looking cactus. I had no idea of its name until I stumbled across a facebook discussion group for ‘cacti and succulent’ enthusiasts. One of the members had posted a photograph … Continue reading →
- Creative Ideas: Upcycling Plastic Crates to a Garden Cloche 5 months ago Upcycling vs. Recycling For some reason I’d always assumed (ass-U-me) that anything we ‘reused’, rather than throw in the garbage, was recycling; apparently not. Upcycling is reusing an item, such as the plastic crate pictured below, and creatively using it … Continue reading →
- NaPoWriMo Day #1: 30 in 30 6 months ago Today is day one of NaPoWriMo so I will start the month with a fun poem. (Please don’t worry, I wont be posting a poem to my blog EVERY day for a month. I will share them on our NaPoWriMo … Continue reading →
- NaPoWriMo 2018 or should I say - GloPoWriMo 6 months ago Calling all poets. Wherever you live, April is National or Global Poetry month. Can you write 30 poems in 30 days during April? Why not join us on on our NaPoWriMo forum for moral support? Register now on WritingForums.com. See … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Moving to Portugal - 5 Things to Consider Writing Contest October 2012 This article is not about moving to Portugal viewed through rose-tinted spectacles because although the sun shines, the beaches are stunning, the wine and beer are cheap Portugal has warts as well. The information below is based on personal...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Piglet in Portugal
16:02 PM October 15, 2012
I love Piglet´s posts, they always make me smile. She has a good writing style and a great way to portray life in Portugal.
21:10 PM November 18, 2012
great blog which covers a whole variety of topics from Portugal to gardening to recipes and to life. Beautifully written and described - I especially love the gardening posts.
21:03 PM December 05, 2012
Wonderful to see you here! You already know I love your blog - it feels like sitting down talking to you. A distinctive voice and a great sense of humor make it a perfect accompaniment to my morning coffee! You invariably set me up for the day :-)