Latest Blog Posts »
- Hyperbole 1 week ago OK, here is another short article to put under Language since I feel I have been neglecting that section of my blog (along with all the rest, truth be told). And it’s on hyperbole because there has been so much of it on TV right now that I think we need to consider exactly what […]
- Kids and Kindness 2 weeks ago Teaching Kids Kindness When I was doing some research for my blog on schadenfreude I was quite surprised to find out that even very young children can derive some satisfaction from the misfortunes of others. This doesn’t mean that they are unable to be compassionate, but this compassion is...
- About Me 3 months ago Hi there, my name is Dawn Kumm. I am one of those annoying people who keep picking out grammatical and spelling mistakes online and itch to correct them. English is my passion and was one of my majors in my first degree. I also hold a Master’s degree in Education. I run my own business,...
- The Joys of Idleness 3 months ago There is a real skill to being able to sit still and do nothing and I think that I have lost it somewhere along the way. Since contentment has long been my seemingly unattainable goal I decided to see if I could find it again. So this morning, when I poured my second cup of […]
- Big Hill Springs 4 months ago We were introduced to a new trail today. Big Hill Springs Provincial Park is just 10 km north of Cochrane and is a beautiful, short loop of 1.6km with an elevation of 70m. We arrived at around 11am and the park was already crowded, mostly with families and lots of small children who were enjoying...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Wordsworkinc's Weblog has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!