Latest Blog Posts »
- Safe Village - Safe People 2 weeks ago The “Safe Village – Safe People” programme has been launched which outlines self-protection measures for the population in the event of a rural fire affecting people and their homes. Following a recent meeting between Safe Communities Portugal (SCP) and the … Continue reading →
- Kat the Dog at the vets 2 months ago For those of you that know us well – you will know that we adopted a little rescue dog over three years ago now. Kat is a Spanish Water Dog; she is a beautiful sweet girl, and she is a … Continue reading →
- 10 Facts about the Carnation Revolution you may not know 4 months ago The 25th April is a national holiday, also known as ‘Freedom Day’ (Portuguese:’Dia da Liberdade‘) On the 25th April 1974 what initially began as a military coup to overthrow the Estado Novo (‘New State’) regime, was supported by an … Continue reading →
- 10 Year Permanent Residency 6 months ago Can it really be five years ago that we blogged about gaining our 5 year Certificado de Registo?! – see this post – R is for Residency – for more information about that process, as if you are a national … Continue reading →
- Loulé Carnival 2018 5 months ago The Oldest Carnival in the country – and surely the best! Loulé Carnival is back in town and it is as vibrant and colourful and lively as ever. This year the dates were moved to the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- You must be mad! Writing Contest October 2012 “You must be mad” was actually one of the many comments we heard from friends when we told them we were thinking of giving up our jobs, selling our home, and moving abroad. It was often closely followed by an envious “I wish we could do...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Portugal Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Portugal!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 23 reviews on Algarve Blog
10:29 AM October 08, 2012
Excellent blog, full of information about this lovely region of Portugal. If you want to see great photos, this is the place to come :)
15:59 PM October 16, 2012
Very informative and always with beautiful photos. Well done!
11:34 AM October 20, 2012
Well done - it takes a lot of effort to keep a blog interesting, informative and relevant - keep it up!
12:03 PM October 20, 2012
What a delightfully put together blog. The photos and the information introduced me to a place that I had not even heard of.
01:12 AM October 26, 2012
I like it!
20:58 PM November 18, 2012
Not only a great blog but Alyson really encourages other bloggers and 'spreads the love'.
09:37 AM December 03, 2012
With wonderful photos and excellent writing, the Algarve blog is a fantastic blog, run by a genuinely lovely person.
09:31 AM December 04, 2012
Good luck !
10:09 AM December 04, 2012
Fantastic blog! Well done, please keep it going. :)
10:17 AM December 04, 2012
Love this blog - clearly written with passion for the country.
10:27 AM December 04, 2012
Fantastic blog - one which I visit regularly. It makes me feel like I am actually living there. Nicely done!
10:49 AM December 04, 2012
I have just discovered this beautiful blog, and will begin to visit it! :)))
11:20 AM December 04, 2012
I love the links to the local traders and attractions, information about local produce and the photos. A real treasure of information.
14:39 PM December 04, 2012
A beautifully written blog by an extremely talented creative. Alyson not only produces a high standard of work, but does a lot to facilitate communication and discovery throughout the blogging community.
15:19 PM December 04, 2012
Love Alyson, really supportive of other blogs, inclusive and joins people into hers, her creativity shines through.
22:06 PM December 04, 2012
This blog is a perfect place to find information about moving to Portugal, what to see and do there. It gives you a lot of useful tips and you easily feel the love Alyson has for her expat country.
10:02 AM December 05, 2012
Great blog. Easy to read, informative and always full of fantastic photos! I'm just glad I already live here or all those beautiful photos would surely make me green with envy :-)
10:08 AM December 05, 2012
Excellent blog - superb and very informative articles about the Algarve, Portugal with fantastic photos.
11:04 AM December 05, 2012
Great photos and great writing. What's not to like about Algarve Blog. It's a winner!
12:08 PM December 05, 2012
Great blog which brings light into a dreary day and makes you want to jump on the next plane.
17:35 PM December 05, 2012
Vivacious blog! Love the variety and style of writing. Photos are great too. Delivers a bucket of sunshine each and every time.
20:42 PM December 05, 2012
Aly's blog is always interesting and informative, and she goes out of her way to extend the hand of friendship to other bloggers.
02:34 AM December 06, 2012