8 Miles From Home
Latest Blog Posts »
- Move To Portugal 9 hours ago Thinking back to our move to Portugal. There were many elements of uncertainty. But when you take the risk and make bold moves, the rewards often outweigh any struggles you may face along the way. Now we are living the simple life and none of that would have happened if we didn’t venture into the...
- Living Simply In Portugal 2 days ago It’s Easter! Boa Pascoa to all. But celebrations like this really highlight how expensive life can be. So we are living simply in Portugal and taking a more relaxed path to enjoyment with our little girl. While she slept we set up a little easter hunt of activities for her to discover and she had...
- Life In Caldas Da Rainha 5 days ago Life in Caldas Da Rainha has a lovely laid back feel to it. Today we have friends visit us from Coimbra and take them on a mini tour. Starting at the Citrus health cafe opposite the famous fruit market. Then off to Parque Dom Carlos to see the beautiful park animals and to let our […] The post...
- Portugal 6 days ago For us, Portugal is by far the number 1 country in Europe for quality of life. With months of sunshine and the most beautiful beaches without huge crowds. In this video we take a picnic to Foz Do Arelho, a truly underrated and undiscovered destination, and talk about how fantastic it feels to live...
- The Best Homemade Houmous Recipe 1 week ago How To Make Houmous At Home (Vegan) Tasty Houmous Has Never Been So Easy! One of the quickest & easiest ways to make your own homemade Houmous, which is of course, Vegan, healthy & perfect for dipping carrot sticks, filling crusty rolls or if anything like me, just eating straight from the spoon!...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 25 reviews on 8 Miles From Home
11:05 AM October 21, 2013
Expert tips on moving to and living in beautiful and exotic Thailand. They have a knack for showing you the most amazing hidden places that you'll want to visit. Exceptional cinematic film work. This blog is one that helped us decide to move to Thailand and follow in their footsteps. Highly recommended and very popular with travelers, expats, and local Thai people alike. Great work you two! Keep it up :)
11:17 AM October 21, 2013
Gotta be the most unique travel blog that I read. The Videos are next level. ;-)
11:59 AM October 21, 2013
The guys from 8 Miles from home are truly inspirational ! Well written and informative travel blogs and the videos you just have to see for yourself! great work guys , keep it up!
12:24 PM October 21, 2013
A year ago made a decision to move to Chiang mai and 8milesfromhome was my first and the most reliable reference. I watched all the videos and showed them to my parents so they would get a bigger picture of where were moving. What J and Sacha are doing is extraordinary. What you get in this blog is 100% true and real and most of the time eyes opening. Well done guys. Keep up the great work.
13:16 PM October 21, 2013
By far the most exciting travel blog out there! Written by real people with real experiences, never fails to entertain and makes for a compelling read, whilst creating an atmospheric setting and invites the reader in as though they are experiencing the adventures with them! Advanced cinemography which keeps on getting better takes this blog to a whole different level! Can't wait for the next instalment! ;-)
13:31 PM October 21, 2013
The videos made from these two,Sacha and Jmayel, to include their cute dog is actually very entertaining and have learned of places to actually visit while living here in Thailand. Their adventures in their little classic car all over their car may take them is awesome with beautiful views of this country. Hope they continue in their journey and making these amazing videos, for I am going to follow their trend in going and visiting these amazing places they have been! Good luck and continue a job well done!!
13:43 PM October 21, 2013
LOVE this blog...one of my favorite travel blogs and the videos make me want to go to Thailand so much!
15:12 PM October 21, 2013
One of our favorite blogs from Thailand. Great information and incredibly awesome videos and photography. Our list of "must go there" places gets larger with each post from J and Sacha.
15:13 PM October 21, 2013
What a wonderful find! Each time we see one of their amazing videos or read a post we become more and more excited about our move. J and Sacha make things seem so effortless. They are always ready to answer any questions and quick with words of encouragement.
16:15 PM October 21, 2013
Great Blog. Writing and videos are superb, nothing but good things come from 8 miles! Keep it up.
21:01 PM October 21, 2013
Truly amazing, informative, exciting blogs from two very talented people, Sacha and Jmayel (aka 8 Miles from Home)are undoubtedly the very best Thailand blog writers.
21:50 PM October 21, 2013
When Jmayel and Sacha said they were going to Thailand and taking Eden with them to live and work the dream, I was blown away! Two extremely talented and inspirational people, create a feast of colour and excitement about a truly beautiful country. They expose you to a vibrant culture through sumptuous images and words that leave you wanting to jump on a plane asap. Keep up the good work :)
01:45 AM October 22, 2013
Keep on bringing your individual and inspiring 8 Miles From Home style to the world. Just gets better and better!!
15:20 PM October 22, 2013
I recently came across 8 miles from home when searching for information on a possible move to Thailand. I hope I can be as brave as this couple and take the leap to leave my home and head off on my own adventure, and of course taking my Yorkshire Terrier, Joey. Great information and stories on this blog, so pleased I found it!
15:46 PM October 22, 2013
I've been messing around with my camera and imovie for a few years, but when I saw what these guys are pushing out in their web series I was blown away. I know its predominantly a cinematic travel vlog, but I follow their adventures to inspire myself to learn video editing tricks. The quality of the footage and post production is certainly unique in the travel blogging world. Well worth a look.
13:33 PM October 23, 2013
Most unique blog ive seen yet for travel as they combine real life experiences with helpful tips and to top it off keep their content rich with beautifully taken photos and production quality videos. Most of the time these type of blogs get lazy but not 8 miles from home. Well done guys!! Omeo
13:23 PM October 24, 2013
My favourite blog on Chiang Mai, Thailand. Their work is stunning and their posts are written with a lovely, personal voice.
16:30 PM October 28, 2013
Excellant read, and superb photography and video footage! Contains lots of helpful tips and advise for travelers visiting Thailand, and shos you exciting new places where you may not have thought to have visited before. Keep up the good work guys! ;-)
13:24 PM October 30, 2013
When my son told me he was off to Thailand I was a little worried. But now we read his and sachas blog whenever they put a new story online. Keeping us worried parents up to date with beautiful pictures of their new life in Chiang Mai and beyond. And those Videos! Words can't describe the talent these two have, just watch one and you'll know why. Keep it up my darlings, we can't wait to see what you get up to next!
09:14 AM November 10, 2013
I love Thailand, having lived there myself a few years ago, am now in the USA but I always check back on 8miles to see whats going on. Great stories and photos, its a great way to get my Thailand fix! Keep it up.
07:54 AM November 14, 2013
Great blog on Thailand. Love to follow this couple journey, the writing and photos are always superb. The videos they create make this blog extra special!
09:44 AM November 20, 2013
I am a fellow expat and have lived in Thailand for 10 years, 4 of them in Chiang Mai. It's great to see a fresh take on a blog and they never disappoint with their videos :-)
02:30 AM November 23, 2013
Good Information. Good Travels. Good Find.
02:39 AM December 12, 2013
Good Work, nice site. Absolutely love the dog!
02:44 AM February 14, 2014
Great blog full of good info and areas to visit. Must read if you want to go to north Thailand!