Le Franco Phoney
Latest Blog Posts »
- Do not stair (sic) 1 month ago It’s been a while since I’ve written about an English translation fail, so here’s a sign I saw when visiting an ancient walled city near Nîmes last week. ‘Interdit de monter‘ means ‘Forbidden to climb (the staircase)’ in English. Apparently,…Read more ›
- French jokes 4 months ago Living in France when you don’t speak French can be isolating — and of course, frustrating. Cultural differences simply add to the confusion, and the first few years in France can be challenging on many levels (let’s not even mention…Read more ›
- Inside Emosson dam 1 year ago Bordering the French and Swiss Alps, Emosson dam overlooks Mont Blanc from 1965 metres above sea level. From the Chamonix valley, visitors can drive up to the dam or of catch a series of interesting trains. I drove up, entering cloud…Read more ›
- No, France, this is not pavlova 1 year ago Pavlova has always been a contentious subject for us ‘Antipodeans’. Us Australians say we created it. New Zealanders say the same. It all started when famous Russian ballerina, Anna Pavlova, visited both countries during the 1920s. Pavlovas, or ‘pavs’ as…Read more ›
- French supermarket logic 1 year ago France has really embraced veganism lately. It’s like French people skipped the whole vegetarian stepping stone and went whole hog (minus the hog), and they seem to be sticking to it. It’s grown so much that it takes up almost…Read more ›
Contest Entries »
- Coping with Living Abroad Writing Contest October 2012 The glamour of jet setting or that dreaded feeling of homesickness? What does living abroad mean to you? For me, moving away from home was an escape from a world that felt like an old pair of jeans — comfortable, familiar and reliable. That old...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Le Franco Phoney has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!