- Home » Expat Blogs » South Africa » Johannesburg » Peace, Love & Giraffes
Peace, Love & Giraffes
Peace, Love & Giraffes
Expat chasing adventure in South Africa. I'm a Traveler. Optimist. Foodie. Nature-lover. Wannabe Golfer. Soul-searcher. Join me as I show you what it's like to live in the Rainbow Nation.
Latest Blog Posts »
- Encounters with Elephants - Wildlife Wednesday 8 years ago At dinner the other night with friends, we were showing off some photos from our Kruger trip when we came across some photos of a baby and momma elephant. Our friend squealed in delight, and I smiled, remembering just how amazing it was to watch that little baby running in between its mom’s...
- Always, Forever 8 years ago Two years ago was the best day of my life. I stood under a huge ficus tree beneath the Jupiter Lighthouse, and said my vows to the love of my life, my rock, my everything. The day wasn’t without a hitch. It rained before our ceremony, and not just a light drizzle, it poured. The... Read More
- Getting Cozy with the Lions 8 years ago In anticipation of tomorrow’s Vodacom Cup, in which the Golden Lions take on the Griquas, I am recounting my very first Lion’s Rugby game. It will be forever etched in my mind as the time my girlfriends and I somehow convinced half the Lions team to take photos with us. I’m still not...
- My Current Obsession: Bunny Chow 8 years ago For me, few things beat a good curry. It is the ultimate comfort food – creamy, warm, savory, sometimes sweet and as spicy as you like. I’ll never forget my first curry experience, it was a Thai Panang curry with chicken at my next-door neighbors house. Growing up, anything oriental was never...
- Dear mom, 8 years ago Thank you. Thank you for being my biggest supporter on this wild adventure in South Africa. For saying “go for it” even though I’m sure you were thinking “are you sure about this?!” For graciously taking care of my fur babies back home and all of the “adult stuff.” For always being...
Contest Entries »
- Top 5 Reasons Why a South African Braai Trumps an American Barbecue Expat Blog Awards 2013 Trust me. I was skeptical too. When my then boyfriend, now husband tried to explain the beauty of a South African Braai, I'll be honest, I didn't really get it. It sounded like a basic barbecue. A gathering of friends and family eating food from the...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: South Africa Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in South Africa!Copy and paste code to display the South Africa Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Peace, Love & Giraffes has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!