Latest Blog Posts »
- Finding Wisdom in the Walis 9 months ago Any Filipino can recognize this common household object as the walis-tingting, a native broom for outdoor use. The walis is used to sweep away leaves, pebbles and other debris that gather on driveways and sidewalks. It’s a simple tool made of fibers stripped from the coconut palm tree. On one end...
- The Video That (Re)Started It All 9 months ago I moved to the Philippines in 2012. That year I started Mango Mornings to document my new life. I wrote about beach and hiking trips as well as a backpacking adventure in Thailand. I even wrote about my first encounter with rambutan. In 2014, I started working full-time and stopped...
- Tita Ler Ler 6 years ago Last night I was texting my American friend, wishing him safe travels as he returned to the States. I also wanted to know how he obtained the proper permits to bring his cat home – in case one day I, too, decide to move home. (I brought my two chihuahuas to the Philippines. Leaving them […]
- The Perfect Guy 6 years ago He’s got a big heart. Loyal to those closest to him and friendly to new people that he encounters, he’s an all around happy guy. An outdoorsy type, you’ll find him at the beach or exploring a trail. His hair is a little mussed. He might even have sand between his toes. Or….stuck to his […]
- Go With It 6 years ago When you make a big life decision like, say, move to the Philippines, you expect to grow in deep and meaningful ways. And someday when I’m updating my LinkedIn profile or interviewing for a job, I’ll probably highlight my ability to navigate different cultures or think quickly on my feet. Now,...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Philippines Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Philippines!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Mango Mornings
07:45 AM March 17, 2013
Definitely! I like the way she write about my country. Mabuhay!