Totally Impractical - Living in Shanghai
Latest Blog Posts »
- Tell Me All About Your Bookshelves (Past and Present) 8 months ago Ten years ago, approximately, I left Istanbul, and along with a city that I loved/loathed, I also left behind a lot of books. By this, I want to absolutely […]
- Damn, That Shit's Elusive: The Happiness Project Revisited (Plus Books! I have books!) 8 months ago About a year ago, probably longer, I announced that I would be revisiting the 100 Happy Days challenge. You know the one- you post every day for 100 days something […]
- Hey, Shanghai, I missed you, y'know? 1 year ago I wasn’t sure if China wanted me back. The fact that I managed to set the Contagious Disease Carrier detector off at immigration at Pudong Airport was a moment […]
- It's been a while, Shanghai 1 year ago Well now. Shanghai. Yo. I’m flying in to Pudong International sometime tomorrow afternoon, after nearly four years away from China. I don’t tend to return to cities or countries […]
- I Like My SUVs Dipped in Gold and My Skies Tinted Milky Grey: Let's Talk About New Money and Bad Air in New Asia 1 year ago This is not a rant. This is an open question/discussion prompt. A week or two ago, one of my former students (now grown up, married and somehow happily living […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: China Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on Totally Impractical - Living in Shanghai
11:00 AM October 09, 2012
Most fabest travel blog!
11:58 AM October 09, 2012
She sends me delicious astral food - need I a better reason?
12:18 PM October 09, 2012
Full of insight, yet funny. Killer combo.
12:23 PM October 09, 2012
It may be totally impractical, but this is also a totally fabulous blog. Cats, mops, food and - most importantly - great storytelling. I love it.
12:37 PM October 09, 2012
Best blog ever!
13:36 PM October 09, 2012
Practicality is overrated. Love MaryAnne's blog(s)!
14:07 PM October 09, 2012
Totally Impractical Guide is the caffeine to my mornings, the rhythm to my day. Big Love for the Win!
14:24 PM October 09, 2012
One of my favourite blogs!
17:28 PM October 09, 2012
01:50 AM October 10, 2012
These postings are simply fabulous - engaging, entertaining, witty, thoughtful, articulate, and just plain readable.