A journalist ditches her hectic life in New York and moves with her family to Bangkok.
Latest Blog Posts »
- Already done 3 years ago I'm reading "Bangkok Days" by Lawrence Osborne, and it is possible that no one ever has to write a book about Bangkok again.Osborne perfectly maps so many classic Thai moments well known to those of us who live in the Kingdom. He becomes known as "Miss Lalant" by Thai workers who can't quite manage...
- Six ways to wear a Hawaiian shirt for Songkran 3 years ago You either love it or hate it, but it's back again:That wild, wet Thailand holiday known as Songkran. Kids: Good targets. Small but slow-moving What started as a gentle bathing of elders' hands has turned into an all-out, country-consuming, three-day water fight.The school hand-bathing ceremony a...
- Our morning drive 4 years ago No one wants to go to Din Daeng in the morning.The trick to surviving Bangkok traffic is to never expect a clear roadway. Instead, one should always expect the worst of all possible conditions: Your exit will be backed up for 20 minutes and you will be cut off every time you try to change your...
- No rain 5 years ago It's official: The rainy season is over. So says my neighbor's babysitter. Clouds still boil across the horizon, but they just hang out and then create pretty sunsets like this one.
- Goat lovers are everywhere 5 years ago Stella and the young actor from the Anchor Light productionHere's a guest post today from my cousin Debby, a retired school psychologist and raiser of goats. Her email about a film shoot in NYC was so wonderful, I asked her if I could share it.You can see more pictures of her animals and read about...
Contest Entries »
- Finding our bliss in Bangkok Writing Contest October 2012 An expat acquaintance of mine was walking down a street in a Bangkok tourist area recently. She hailed a cab to get her to her office, but the driver, seeing she was a Westerner, quoted her twice the regular cost. She refused and got out of the...
- From snow days to sticky rice: An American boy’s take on school in Thailand Education and International Schools While expat parents may think they’re doing their child a great favor by hauling them off to a foreign country for a few years, the kids may not always see it that way. Add an international school and you may have a recipe for disaster – or you...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Farang Mom
15:45 PM October 17, 2012
15:45 PM October 17, 2012
It's fabulous! I look forward to reading it every day.