Latest Blog Posts »
- Gratitude and Reflections: A tribute for my father 6 years ago Dear Dad, There have been so many times I’ve crafted a letter to you in my head around this time of year- April- and then I never penned it to paper. I regret it because each time I was stirred by moments with you, memories that unexpectedly flood in and awareness about you that maybe …...
- When converting to self-hosting doesn't go to plan 6 years ago It’s been several weeks since I announced I was converting my blog from wordpress.com to be self hosted on Blue host using wordpress.org… until I confidently did after reading several tutorials that all were in agreement at how relatively simple it was. You know, 8 steps or something and...
- A blind-date adventure with Lauren from Sobremesa in Spain 6 years ago It’s almost been a year since beginning this story about my time in one of my favorite regions in Spain, Asturias. Located in the North, it feels like a secret green oasis unbeknownst to many tourists. A trip I planned with an adventurous, like-minded woman who traded California’s hip...
- Visions and desires for 2014! 6 years ago 2014. How nice it rolls off the tongue. A few months in (March? Say what!) and I have yet to scribble a few goals and plans for this new year. A year that’s started off with beautiful blue skies and no sign of rain in California and grateful that since I drafted this in early … Continue...
- Reflections of what I gained from my first year in Spain 6 years ago Flashbacks of my first year seem to pervade my mind right before I give away to sleep. I’m not sure if it’s the fond memories of being lulled to sleep to mini waves crashing to shore every night or the fact that now that I’m in another moment of transition (seems to be constant new …...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Roamingtheworld
22:46 PM December 04, 2012
Roaming the World is lavish union of travel, cuisine, and personal experiences. What's not to love?
23:10 PM December 04, 2012
Love the blog. Interesting to see how one can have the same thoughts and feelings being in their own country.
23:12 PM December 04, 2012
Awesome BLOG! I love following your exploits around the world. Keep up the great work. P.S. where you off to next?
23:27 PM December 04, 2012
Awesome blog!! So honest, very optimistic and inspiring!
23:30 PM December 04, 2012
entertaining and informative, easy to read and imagine yourself having these fun travel experiences, great photos too. Viva la blog!
00:38 AM December 05, 2012
I have read every post of this interesting, inspiring, and often humorous blog. I look forward to reading what happens next in the adventures of Lauren living in Spain; teaching English and learning Spanish, and her courageous approach to living in a foreign country on your own.
01:48 AM December 05, 2012
So fun to hear about all the adventures! It's genuine and personal. Love it :)
02:15 AM December 05, 2012
I love hearing about how Lauren is using her time abroad as an English teacher to travel and explore her interest in sustainable farming and agriculture. It's like I'm reading a story that unfolds day by day. A great expat blog!
05:16 AM December 05, 2012
I love Lauren's honest and insightful writing about her journey as an expat in Spain, and beyond. Her love of food, nature and culture shines through and makes me want to explore more of this wonderfully diverse country!
06:53 AM December 05, 2012
I love that she is so open with her thoughts and feelings as she goes through the roller coaster experience of living abroad - with side tours for delicious meals :)
17:51 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is an amazing writer and I am using her blog to prepare my future trip to Africa! Also, I am Spanish and I love to read about other people view about my country!
20:35 PM December 05, 2012
This is truly an amazing blog. Roaming the world is everything from thoughtful to thought provoking. Lauren has a great way of making her posts relate to her readers! I love it!!
22:52 PM December 05, 2012
I love reading Roaming the World! Lauren has a way of writing that's relatable and makes everyone feel like they are right there with her. Great blog!
03:06 AM December 06, 2012
Lauren shares an honest and passionate approach to living as an Expat. Her stories indulge the reader in a lifestyle and experience not written about in the guide books, or romance novels and instead focus on the self and culturally discoveries along the way. Would recommend that others read her insightful and mature writing.