Latest Blog Posts »
- New Web Site 4 years ago www.backtobodrum .com
- New Museum in Milas 4 years ago The BacktoBodrum.com site is up and running but I still haven't managed to switch my mailing list over so I will continue to put some of the more important posts on Blogger. If you are a Facebook user, you can like my BacktoBodrum on Facebook page and you will see all the new posts. Do watch...
- All Change 5 years ago OCTOBER 26, 2018 ALL CHANGENew address, new layout.From now on BacktoBodrum will be at www.backtobodrum.com The Blogger site will continue but I won’t be updating it regularly and I hope all regular visitors will switch over to the new address. Sorry to give you something else to do but I...
- A foot or two in Sagalassos 5 years ago The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art. Leonardo da VinciI've been dragging my heals writing about Sagalassos so it’s about time I put my best foot forward and stepped up to the challenge. This will probably be my last post in Blogger as I have just signed up to...
- On the move 5 years ago This is not what I envisaged ‘Blogging on the go’ to be but it has been the only way I could get photos on to my page. As I left the village house, my trusty German car reminded me that I had a precious cargo in the front seat and I had to stop to fix the seat belt around my desk top. This...
Contest Entries »
- Bodrum’s top 8 famous residents help you plan your visit Writing Contest March 2013 Herodotus wouldn’t recognise Bodrum as his birthplace Halicarnassus, but I’m sure he’d send you off to the 8 Lelegian towns around the Bodrum peninsula, to savour what life was like in the 5th century BC. Make an easy start by visiting Pedasa...
- First School in Turkey - A personal journey Education and International Schools I considered myself to be an exemplary ex-pat for the first 14 years I lived in Turkey. I learnt the language, embraced the customs and tried to see two sides to the story if ever there was any Turkey bashing going on. For a few years I was...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on BacktoBodrum
06:28 AM October 27, 2012
This blog has only been going for a short time but it's gathering interest rapidly. It's a great blog written by a truly lovely person.
14:08 PM October 27, 2012
Love reading the stories about life in Turkey in her town and travels abroad in "Back to Bodrum's Blog"......She has great photo's of Turkey and her travels, and some of the Archaeological sites that she explores. Always an interesting story and some facts about her photos...you wouldn't expect. That's why I'm always interested to peek into her Blog.
16:07 PM October 27, 2012
This is such an enjoyable blog....daily life, a rescue dog, visits to archeological sites all told with style and humour.
22:19 PM October 27, 2012
Back to Bodrum is a bit of a guilty pleasure (like good chocolate). Beautifully written by a woman clearly in love with Turkey, and Bodrum in particularly. A real gem of a blog.
12:46 PM October 30, 2012
I enjoy this blog so much. I feel I learn a great deal about life in Turkey, the photos and commentary on life in Bodrum are always fascinating.
17:47 PM October 30, 2012
As someone fascinated by history and archaeology this blog has become essential reading for me in a very short time. Mixed with the history is a wry and intelligent look at life in modern Turkey, all beautifully illustrated.
11:13 AM November 05, 2012
Always fascinating, always amusing from someone in the know!
16:11 PM November 20, 2012
What can I say - this blog has made me laugh out loud several times. And I haven't been to Bodrum yet so it keeps me dreaming.
15:37 PM August 15, 2013
Interesting blog. After traveling for turkey, I like to re-read blogs. Remembering places of interest.