Latest Blog Posts »
- Baking when it's baking 6 hours ago It seems daft to turn the oven on when it's baking outside but I like the idea of preparing a meal in the oven without having to faff about with the stove top. Slinging a few ingredients into a dish and letting the oven do the rest of the work is a much better idea than stirring a pot on a hot...
- Six years on. 2 days ago Six years ago Linda Kaya and I set off towards Didim with very vague driving instructions, which included 'turn right at the mushroom', to pick up a small terrier who'd been abandoned on the street and was bring taunted by children. Neither of us could have imagined that this scared little puppy...
- Sunshine in a bowl 1 week ago A bowl full of apricots and a bottle of dessert wine. Baked together in a low oven for 45 minutes and served chilled tastes of summer in the Aegean.
- Bumpy rides 1 week ago This may look idyllic but at two o'clock this morning when Jake and I were speeding across the straight in a tiny sea taxi, it felt like hell. After a stomach churning 3 hour taxi ride from Piraeus, twisting through the Peloponnese, unsuccessfully trying to persuade the driver to either stop...
- Back to Bodrum 3 weeks ago I knew I had to remember something when I set out for the village house to get it ready for my 4 weeks summer holiday. The vacuum cleaner went in the boot, the dog's bowls and basket got ticked off, swimming costumes packed. What did I forget ? My tripod. So will just have to remember how...
Contest Entries »
- Bodrum’s top 8 famous residents help you plan your visit Writing Contest March 2013 Herodotus wouldn’t recognise Bodrum as his birthplace Halicarnassus, but I’m sure he’d send you off to the 8 Lelegian towns around the Bodrum peninsula, to savour what life was like in the 5th century BC. Make an easy start by visiting Pedasa...
- First School in Turkey - A personal journey Education and International Schools I considered myself to be an exemplary ex-pat for the first 14 years I lived in Turkey. I learnt the language, embraced the customs and tried to see two sides to the story if ever there was any Turkey bashing going on. For a few years I was...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on BacktoBodrum
06:28 AM October 27, 2012
This blog has only been going for a short time but it's gathering interest rapidly. It's a great blog written by a truly lovely person.
14:08 PM October 27, 2012
Love reading the stories about life in Turkey in her town and travels abroad in "Back to Bodrum's Blog"......She has great photo's of Turkey and her travels, and some of the Archaeological sites that she explores. Always an interesting story and some facts about her photos...you wouldn't expect. That's why I'm always interested to peek into her Blog.
16:07 PM October 27, 2012
This is such an enjoyable blog....daily life, a rescue dog, visits to archeological sites all told with style and humour.
22:19 PM October 27, 2012
Back to Bodrum is a bit of a guilty pleasure (like good chocolate). Beautifully written by a woman clearly in love with Turkey, and Bodrum in particularly. A real gem of a blog.
12:46 PM October 30, 2012
I enjoy this blog so much. I feel I learn a great deal about life in Turkey, the photos and commentary on life in Bodrum are always fascinating.
17:47 PM October 30, 2012
As someone fascinated by history and archaeology this blog has become essential reading for me in a very short time. Mixed with the history is a wry and intelligent look at life in modern Turkey, all beautifully illustrated.
11:13 AM November 05, 2012
Always fascinating, always amusing from someone in the know!
16:11 PM November 20, 2012
What can I say - this blog has made me laugh out loud several times. And I haven't been to Bodrum yet so it keeps me dreaming.
15:37 PM August 15, 2013
Interesting blog. After traveling for turkey, I like to re-read blogs. Remembering places of interest.