Julie Dawn Fox in Portugal
Latest Blog Posts »
- Discover Authentic Portuguese Flavours On A Porto Food Tour 2 days ago “I’m not really a fan of Francesinha,” I said. Cue horrified faces from the people that had just begun raving about their new Porto food tour. After admonishing me to never utter those words in Porto, where the Francesinha is revered, they explained that ‘theirs’ is no ordinary meat...
- Flowers Galore At The Tomar Tray Festival, aka Festa Dos Tabuleiros 3 weeks ago Every four years, the pretty town of Tomar in Central Portugal hosts a unique festival. Festa dos Tabuleiros means Tray Festival but it’s what’s on top of the trays that matters. Local women support the weight of several feet of bread and flowers on their heads as they parade throughRead More...
- Insider Guide To Golf Courses In And Around Lisbon 3 weeks ago Portugal golf expert Andy Waple is back to share his insights into the Lisbon golf scene and courses in the surrounding area… Over to you, Andy: The Lisbon area plays second fiddle to the Algarve in terms of the number of golf courses yet it is very popular, commanding aRead More → The post...
- How To Order Like A Local At Portuguese Restaurants, Cafés and Bars 1 month ago Eating out in Portugal is usually a very enjoyable, relatively straightforward and affordable experience. Even so, knowing what’s standard practice for ordering in Portuguese restaurants, cafés, bakeries and bars will help you order with confidence and avoid leaving with a nasty taste in your...
- 6 Stunning Sintra Beaches You Will Fall In Love With 1 month ago You really don’t have to travel far from Lisbon to find some amazing beaches. In fact, some of these Sintra beaches are among my all time favourite beaches in Portugal. All of them are within the beautiful Sintra Cascais Natural Park and therefore largely unspoilt. They range from hidden...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Portugal Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Portugal!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 32 reviews on Julie Dawn Fox in Portugal
13:12 PM October 20, 2012
One of my favourite Portugal blogs! Informative - interesting - and written by a generous and warm-hearted blogger - highly recommended reading!
18:30 PM December 03, 2012
Well written, warm, informative and with a sense of humour. Great blog for the highs and lows of being an expat in Portugal.
18:36 PM December 03, 2012
Congrats!! Great blog from my country, Portugal! Delightful to read every word!
18:42 PM December 03, 2012
I really enjoy this blog as it makes me want to go to, visit, eat or just partake in all the things talked about!
18:47 PM December 03, 2012
Julie's writing colourfully brings Portugal to life and gives excellent insights into being an expat there.
18:47 PM December 03, 2012
A very informative and highly original blog which works well both for expats and for Portuguese as it brings the many lived experiences in Portugal into dialogue. The language of the blogger is lively and humourous as she invites the reader to join her on a journey across the country.
08:18 AM December 04, 2012
It takes you to familiar and unfamiliar places, through familiar and unfamiliar experiences, and brings them alive with vivid descriptions and just the right touch of humour - a very personal view of Portugal. Great blog!
09:30 AM December 04, 2012
Good luck !
09:45 AM December 04, 2012
I've only visited the southern area of Portugal - known as the Algarve - but Julie's blog makes me want to take the five hour drive from my home in southern Spain much more often than I should. This blog is very well written and with wonderful photographs, making areas of Portugal jump out and come alive for you, from the computer screen. I always look forward to new posts as they are published and if you are not a follower, then I suggest you sign up, right away. I promise you wont be disappointed. Well done, Julie - keep up the good work!
10:49 AM December 04, 2012
Great blog with awesome photos!
14:44 PM December 04, 2012
I've never been to Portugal but thanks to Julie's descriptions and skill in telling the story behind the scenes, I'd know exactly where to come for information and background if I ever had the opportunity to visit. The history alone is a draw even if you're not interested in info and pics - Julie makes it come alive...
16:31 PM December 04, 2012
I've been enjoying these postings since the start. Nice text, nice photos. The one on driving was interesting, observant and thoughtful - and not overly negative. Keep up the good work, Julie.
22:12 PM December 04, 2012
I love to follow Julie's adventures!
22:32 PM December 04, 2012
I really have enjoyed this blog-her photography is AmaZing!! I really hope you win the award-you deserve it!!
23:37 PM December 04, 2012
I have a deep understanding of Portugal and its people. My parents were born there, I have visited and conducted business in two of its major cities, and I have been active in the Portuguese - American community for over forty years. Julie's blog is the best I have read (and follow) in both Portuguese and English. She has captured the character and personality of the people, her appreciation of the country's history is surprisingly good and her taste in what is on offer in the rural areas she visits in her travels mirrors my own. She is most deserving of "five stars".
00:26 AM December 05, 2012
Seeing Portugal through Julie's words and pictures is a revelation. When I get there, I think I'll feel right at home!
00:58 AM December 05, 2012
Julie, you deserve it :-) All the best! Limei Singapore
08:13 AM December 05, 2012
this just gets better and better! Hope you win!
09:41 AM December 05, 2012
Good luck me dear
09:57 AM December 05, 2012
The best blog about Portugal I have ever come across. Her comments are illuminating giving a great insight to life in Portugal.Stunning photographs accompany her writing. Always enjoyable often with a quirky sense of humour. I love it!
11:59 AM December 05, 2012
Hey Julie, I'm voting for you. I enjoy reading your blog very much, thank you!
12:04 PM December 05, 2012
Through her extensive travel and research of Portugal she manages to impart all the necessary practical information but with artistic insight and humour, making it really good fun to read!
14:03 PM December 05, 2012
Julie's stories provide interesting insights on the delights and unique experiences that are available to those who want to live or visit Portugal.
16:55 PM December 05, 2012
Love the A to Z of Portugal. After meeting you in Porto, I know your personality is part of your blog.
17:07 PM December 05, 2012
I always enjoy reading Julie's blog. I visit Central Portugal whenever I can and her articles and fabulous photographs certainly make me want to explore further afield on my next visit. A truly talented travel writer!
20:07 PM December 05, 2012
Brilliant blog for anyone who's thinking of going to Portugal or who's already been there.
23:25 PM December 05, 2012
Great blog!Some interesting writing and fantastic photos!
13:02 PM December 06, 2012
A great blog that's helped inspire my first visit to Portugal next year!
16:35 PM December 06, 2012
Such a delight to experience Portugal through Julies Blog. I hope to visit there in the near future to trace my Portuguese ancestry. Her stories and photos are very informative and written with care and love for the country. So glad i discovered her blog.
21:00 PM December 06, 2012
I'm so pleased that lots of people like your blog.You certainly deserve to win.
01:58 AM September 26, 2014
great blog!!! I have been living in Portugal for more than 14 years now and never have regretted my decision to leave Belgium!
13:05 PM October 03, 2014
Super blog all about Portugal.