My Custard Pie
Latest Blog Posts »
- 11 years of food blogging - 11 things I've learned 2 months ago Sitting at my computer, I’m breathless with excitement. Something has dawned on me and it is so compelling that I must to do it immediately. Going to wordpress.com I set up a new blog, choose a theme and click on the ‘new post‘ button. But what should I write? I have no direction, no focus,...
- Simple Beef Wellington with Dijon mustard 4 months ago Beef Wellington was first thing I cooked when I had people round for a ‘proper’ dinner party i.e. sitting round a dining table rather than crammed into the kitchen. Entering the room triumphantly with a generous rounded golden dome of pastry, cutting into it with a satisfying crunch to reveal...
- Your guide to ghee; through the eyes of people who grew up eating it 4 months ago The golden ghee on the spoon appeared to have more in common with body butter than cooking fat. It smelled a bit like caramel, was soft and grainy, melting on the tongue and tasting like fudge. I wanted more. This was totally different from the ghee in green tins, piled high in Dubai supermarkets....
- Discovering Diwali in the heart of Dubai 5 months ago How much do you know about Diwali? I was pretty clueless until I spent an evening in the historic area of Dubai called Bur Dubai during the festivities. My eyes were opened to the traditions, the meaning, the rituals, the excitement and, of course, the food. Join me on that journey… It’s calm...
- Banana, date and walnut muffins 6 months ago Things are a little bit bonkers now.* I’m sitting upstairs at my desk listening to birds cheeping; is it my imagination or are there more of them about singing their hearts out? If we could translate would they be saying ‘we can breathe…’? KP is downstairs listening to music non stop. Can...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on My Custard Pie
13:22 PM October 21, 2012
A beautifully photographed and always-thoughtful discussion of life and food in Dubai -- and, sometimes, in Britain.
14:25 PM October 22, 2012
Always love My Custard Pie. It is a very well written blog giving a great insight on all things foodie in Dubai - always feel a bit hungry after reading it!
09:28 AM October 23, 2012
My absolute favorite blog in the UAE. I love Sally's work....she is a true foodie and a very eloquent one too!
19:33 PM October 24, 2012
Her quality of writing, level of research and thought put into each article, unassuming and personal voice, and extreme passion for quality food and especially ingredients - all of those make her stand apart from the rest of the local blogosphere. When I read her blog, I often feel like she's thrown open the door to her home and invited me in. That level of personal connection with a reader is rare, and for that, I truly think she deserves to win.
07:25 AM October 26, 2012
What can I say? when I grow up I want to be Sally :)
07:04 AM October 31, 2012
Sally's writing is a joy to read and her passion for wholesome organic food is inspiring.
14:08 PM November 07, 2012
If I could give this blog 6 stars I would! By far my favourite foodie blog - beautiful photography and wonderfully inspiring and evocative words that seduce you into trying every recipe. Sally is a talent extraordinaire!
18:06 PM November 07, 2012
I love Sally's writing, the photographs, the recipes. There's a feeling of freshness in her blog. Each post reflects what her blog proposes - honest food, fresh ingredients!
09:35 AM December 04, 2012
Sally´s blog is not only beautiful, but also honest. She makes us feel like we are all part of it!
10:10 AM December 04, 2012
Sally Prosser's site My Custard Pie brings together the best in ExPat blogging since it combines and integrates both local (Dubai and United Emirates Region) and international gourmet news, workshops, reviews, local fairs and produce and much much more. Having lived in Dubai for 12 years - Sally knows expat family life in and out and her readers and the region profit from it. Her posts are fun, her photographs are wonderful and her regional suggestions a good recoomendation for the visitors. She has also done much to assist and unite food bloggers throughout the region with her work on Fooderati Arabia for which ishe s also to be congratulated. She is an inspiration to me!