My Custard Pie
Latest Blog Posts »
- Mock pecan pie recipe - a baking challenge with a difference 1 day ago Can you walk past a second-hand book shop without going in? I certainly can’t, and I generally leave with an ancient, well-thumbed cookbook in hand. These days ‘ancient’ means pre-1980’s and I’m drawn to those with lurid, colour plates of weirdly jellied concoctions or domed things with...
- How to tell the story of a hotel - a photo-walk in Notting Hill 1 week ago Emerging from the Underground, my eye caught the front of the Gate Picturehouse, unchanged since the early nineties when I lived, for a short time, in a tiny flat in Notting Hill. We saw Tous les Matins du Monde there, a subtitled French film about a group of viol players, where the audience...
- Surviving the Montreux jazz festival (on a budget) 2 months ago The endless swathe of water gleamed gold as the sun dipped into the horizon, slender rays reflected bright spots on the brassy instruments of the jazz band, while my glass of wine sparkled with a rosy glow. This was a ‘pinch me’ moment. Montreux is an elegant town on the edge of Lake Geneva...
- Dates and health, plus a seed milk recipe 2 months ago Are dates really good for you? Are they a natural aphrodisiac? Can they really protect against cancer? Having a good root around for the truth about dates and health this is what I discovered. There’s a mass of contradictory information about sweeteners out there. We know that sugar in any form...
- Ramadan breads with dates 2 months ago The air is warm and slightly sweet. Beside a very grand mosque, an organic shop and a barber, is a bakery. At its centre is a deep tandoor, like a giant urn with its mouth open wide to swallow the flat rounds of dough which is slapped on its walls. The baker reaches in with […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on My Custard Pie
13:22 PM October 21, 2012
A beautifully photographed and always-thoughtful discussion of life and food in Dubai -- and, sometimes, in Britain.
14:25 PM October 22, 2012
Always love My Custard Pie. It is a very well written blog giving a great insight on all things foodie in Dubai - always feel a bit hungry after reading it!
09:28 AM October 23, 2012
My absolute favorite blog in the UAE. I love Sally's work....she is a true foodie and a very eloquent one too!
19:33 PM October 24, 2012
Her quality of writing, level of research and thought put into each article, unassuming and personal voice, and extreme passion for quality food and especially ingredients - all of those make her stand apart from the rest of the local blogosphere. When I read her blog, I often feel like she's thrown open the door to her home and invited me in. That level of personal connection with a reader is rare, and for that, I truly think she deserves to win.
07:25 AM October 26, 2012
What can I say? when I grow up I want to be Sally :)
07:04 AM October 31, 2012
Sally's writing is a joy to read and her passion for wholesome organic food is inspiring.
14:08 PM November 07, 2012
If I could give this blog 6 stars I would! By far my favourite foodie blog - beautiful photography and wonderfully inspiring and evocative words that seduce you into trying every recipe. Sally is a talent extraordinaire!
18:06 PM November 07, 2012
I love Sally's writing, the photographs, the recipes. There's a feeling of freshness in her blog. Each post reflects what her blog proposes - honest food, fresh ingredients!
09:35 AM December 04, 2012
Sally´s blog is not only beautiful, but also honest. She makes us feel like we are all part of it!
10:10 AM December 04, 2012
Sally Prosser's site My Custard Pie brings together the best in ExPat blogging since it combines and integrates both local (Dubai and United Emirates Region) and international gourmet news, workshops, reviews, local fairs and produce and much much more. Having lived in Dubai for 12 years - Sally knows expat family life in and out and her readers and the region profit from it. Her posts are fun, her photographs are wonderful and her regional suggestions a good recoomendation for the visitors. She has also done much to assist and unite food bloggers throughout the region with her work on Fooderati Arabia for which ishe s also to be congratulated. She is an inspiration to me!