My Custard Pie
Latest Blog Posts »
- A quick guide to Burgundy and Olivier Leflaive 4 weeks ago Soft light streamed in through the windows of Il Borro, the long table in the private dining room looked so elegant. My heart sank as I realised I’d made a schoolboy error. There was no memory card in my camera. I asked the photographers on hand but they didn’t have a spare one, so my...
- Gingerbread biscuits that are part of so many happy memories 2 months ago There are some recipes you make again and again. This is one of the staples in our house. I can’t remember the first time or how many sessions of gingerbread-making I’ve done in my kitchen. Some solo, some with my girls as they were growing up, some with hordes of children and even a few […]
- What is bean to bar chocolate and why is it so expensive? 2 months ago I’ve had an epiphany about chocolate – and it’s probably due to my expectations being so low. If I was banned from eating chocolate ever again I’d be a little sad, but not distraught, whereas if lemon was verboten I’d panic then go into continual mourning. Let’s just say, unlike the...
- When a sommelier comes for supper - and Tim Tam truffles recipe 2 months ago Until I was given a packet of them, I had no idea of the existence of Tim Tams. Then I started Googling (“are Tim Tams like Penguin biscuits?”) which unleashed a storm of righteous indignation and I realised they are very dear to Australians. The Tim Tams were part of a small box of goodies...
- Beetroot and goats' cheese pies - cooking with Simon Rimmer 2 months ago Look into my suitcase as I haul it from the baggage carousel, delve down under the clothes, unwrap a sturdy cardboard box and, inside, you’ll usually find a selection of crisp golden, pastry-hatted pies that have travelled with me through the skies. I carry out this covert operation for KP, who...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on My Custard Pie
13:22 PM October 21, 2012
A beautifully photographed and always-thoughtful discussion of life and food in Dubai -- and, sometimes, in Britain.
14:25 PM October 22, 2012
Always love My Custard Pie. It is a very well written blog giving a great insight on all things foodie in Dubai - always feel a bit hungry after reading it!
09:28 AM October 23, 2012
My absolute favorite blog in the UAE. I love Sally's work....she is a true foodie and a very eloquent one too!
19:33 PM October 24, 2012
Her quality of writing, level of research and thought put into each article, unassuming and personal voice, and extreme passion for quality food and especially ingredients - all of those make her stand apart from the rest of the local blogosphere. When I read her blog, I often feel like she's thrown open the door to her home and invited me in. That level of personal connection with a reader is rare, and for that, I truly think she deserves to win.
07:25 AM October 26, 2012
What can I say? when I grow up I want to be Sally :)
07:04 AM October 31, 2012
Sally's writing is a joy to read and her passion for wholesome organic food is inspiring.
14:08 PM November 07, 2012
If I could give this blog 6 stars I would! By far my favourite foodie blog - beautiful photography and wonderfully inspiring and evocative words that seduce you into trying every recipe. Sally is a talent extraordinaire!
18:06 PM November 07, 2012
I love Sally's writing, the photographs, the recipes. There's a feeling of freshness in her blog. Each post reflects what her blog proposes - honest food, fresh ingredients!
09:35 AM December 04, 2012
Sally´s blog is not only beautiful, but also honest. She makes us feel like we are all part of it!
10:10 AM December 04, 2012
Sally Prosser's site My Custard Pie brings together the best in ExPat blogging since it combines and integrates both local (Dubai and United Emirates Region) and international gourmet news, workshops, reviews, local fairs and produce and much much more. Having lived in Dubai for 12 years - Sally knows expat family life in and out and her readers and the region profit from it. Her posts are fun, her photographs are wonderful and her regional suggestions a good recoomendation for the visitors. She has also done much to assist and unite food bloggers throughout the region with her work on Fooderati Arabia for which ishe s also to be congratulated. She is an inspiration to me!