My Custard Pie
Latest Blog Posts »
- The best Bloody Mary (or Virgin Mary) mix 2 months ago As I’m settling into my seat on a flight and I spot the drinks trolley making its way up the aisle, the urge for a Bloody Mary takes over (and I’m not alone). They say that your taste buds are dampened through the pressurised cabin of a plane and you crave salty, spicy, full flavours. […]
- Seeing the world through an artist's eyes 2 months ago … about how Conscious Creativity by Philippa Stanton, and sources of inspiration, helped to change my view of everyday life. I’m surprised at how small the book is as I rip open the padded envelope with excitement. This compact size is just right to fit in my hands, a joy to run my fingers over...
- Dessert for a crowd - fudgy chocolate brownies 3 months ago We’re still talking about the other night, when we had thirteen friends for supper round our table in the garden, as it was quite controversial. A few years ago we thought it would be fun to a ‘Desert Island Discs‘ style evening where guests choose the eight records, a book and a luxury item...
- Perfect peace in the dunes: Al Maha Desert Resort and Spa 3 months ago As I swim in our private infinity pool on the edge of the desert, it brings home, vividly, the luxury of water to people who lived in this terrain in the recent past. The delicious feeling of the slightly warm liquid on my skin, rippling and sparkling, soothing and cleansing. Even a camel skin...
- A quick guide to Burgundy and Olivier Leflaive 4 months ago Soft light streamed in through the windows of Il Borro, the long table in the private dining room looked so elegant. My heart sank as I realised I’d made a schoolboy error. There was no memory card in my camera. I asked the photographers on hand but they didn’t have a spare one, so my...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on My Custard Pie
13:22 PM October 21, 2012
A beautifully photographed and always-thoughtful discussion of life and food in Dubai -- and, sometimes, in Britain.
14:25 PM October 22, 2012
Always love My Custard Pie. It is a very well written blog giving a great insight on all things foodie in Dubai - always feel a bit hungry after reading it!
09:28 AM October 23, 2012
My absolute favorite blog in the UAE. I love Sally's work....she is a true foodie and a very eloquent one too!
19:33 PM October 24, 2012
Her quality of writing, level of research and thought put into each article, unassuming and personal voice, and extreme passion for quality food and especially ingredients - all of those make her stand apart from the rest of the local blogosphere. When I read her blog, I often feel like she's thrown open the door to her home and invited me in. That level of personal connection with a reader is rare, and for that, I truly think she deserves to win.
07:25 AM October 26, 2012
What can I say? when I grow up I want to be Sally :)
07:04 AM October 31, 2012
Sally's writing is a joy to read and her passion for wholesome organic food is inspiring.
14:08 PM November 07, 2012
If I could give this blog 6 stars I would! By far my favourite foodie blog - beautiful photography and wonderfully inspiring and evocative words that seduce you into trying every recipe. Sally is a talent extraordinaire!
18:06 PM November 07, 2012
I love Sally's writing, the photographs, the recipes. There's a feeling of freshness in her blog. Each post reflects what her blog proposes - honest food, fresh ingredients!
09:35 AM December 04, 2012
Sally´s blog is not only beautiful, but also honest. She makes us feel like we are all part of it!
10:10 AM December 04, 2012
Sally Prosser's site My Custard Pie brings together the best in ExPat blogging since it combines and integrates both local (Dubai and United Emirates Region) and international gourmet news, workshops, reviews, local fairs and produce and much much more. Having lived in Dubai for 12 years - Sally knows expat family life in and out and her readers and the region profit from it. Her posts are fun, her photographs are wonderful and her regional suggestions a good recoomendation for the visitors. She has also done much to assist and unite food bloggers throughout the region with her work on Fooderati Arabia for which ishe s also to be congratulated. She is an inspiration to me!