My Custard Pie
Latest Blog Posts »
- Beetroot and goats' cheese pies - cooking with Simon Rimmer 3 days ago Look into my suitcase as I haul it from the baggage carousel, delve down under the clothes, unwrap a sturdy cardboard box and, inside, you’ll usually find a selection of crisp golden, pastry-hatted pies that have travelled with me through the skies. I carry out this covert operation for KP, who...
- Eating with your hands - a food tour without cutlery 3 weeks ago “Of course I’m comfortable eating with my hands – I’m Asian!” laughs Ida. Most of our group agree and, as this is Dubai, they are from many different cultures including Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Iran, India, Philippines and the Emirates. Just a couple of us have that shivery feeling about...
- 10 easy ways to use less plastic 1 month ago My mum was a war baby, as she liked to remind us often. Even though she was a small child at the end of World War II, privations and rationing carried on for many years. From a working class family, she still values everything and throws away nothing. Thrift and make do and mend was […]
- 10 email newsletters that make me eager to check my inbox 3 months ago Email. Is it the scourge of our modern world? When did ‘inbox zero’ become that longed for thing that’s as rare as a unicorn? I spend a few minutes of every day unsubscribing from lists, resentfully, that have added me without permission or deleting crap that won’t let me escape their...
- Walking in Winchcombe - the mosaic in the undergrowth 4 months ago I grew up in the Cotswolds so maybe take the area a bit for granted. I’m bemused that people from London fawn over the golden, stone cottages and farming villages that, when I was growing up, were just local communities rather than holiday homes. Places where I dipped my toes in the stream or...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on My Custard Pie
13:22 PM October 21, 2012
A beautifully photographed and always-thoughtful discussion of life and food in Dubai -- and, sometimes, in Britain.
14:25 PM October 22, 2012
Always love My Custard Pie. It is a very well written blog giving a great insight on all things foodie in Dubai - always feel a bit hungry after reading it!
09:28 AM October 23, 2012
My absolute favorite blog in the UAE. I love Sally's work....she is a true foodie and a very eloquent one too!
19:33 PM October 24, 2012
Her quality of writing, level of research and thought put into each article, unassuming and personal voice, and extreme passion for quality food and especially ingredients - all of those make her stand apart from the rest of the local blogosphere. When I read her blog, I often feel like she's thrown open the door to her home and invited me in. That level of personal connection with a reader is rare, and for that, I truly think she deserves to win.
07:25 AM October 26, 2012
What can I say? when I grow up I want to be Sally :)
07:04 AM October 31, 2012
Sally's writing is a joy to read and her passion for wholesome organic food is inspiring.
14:08 PM November 07, 2012
If I could give this blog 6 stars I would! By far my favourite foodie blog - beautiful photography and wonderfully inspiring and evocative words that seduce you into trying every recipe. Sally is a talent extraordinaire!
18:06 PM November 07, 2012
I love Sally's writing, the photographs, the recipes. There's a feeling of freshness in her blog. Each post reflects what her blog proposes - honest food, fresh ingredients!
09:35 AM December 04, 2012
Sally´s blog is not only beautiful, but also honest. She makes us feel like we are all part of it!
10:10 AM December 04, 2012
Sally Prosser's site My Custard Pie brings together the best in ExPat blogging since it combines and integrates both local (Dubai and United Emirates Region) and international gourmet news, workshops, reviews, local fairs and produce and much much more. Having lived in Dubai for 12 years - Sally knows expat family life in and out and her readers and the region profit from it. Her posts are fun, her photographs are wonderful and her regional suggestions a good recoomendation for the visitors. She has also done much to assist and unite food bloggers throughout the region with her work on Fooderati Arabia for which ishe s also to be congratulated. She is an inspiration to me!