Do in Dubai
Latest Blog Posts »
- LEEK AND POTATO GRATINE 1 week ago This leek and potato gratiné is a much lighter alternative to a classic gratiné. It’s vegetarian, gluten free; not vegan but very tasty. We used milk instead of cream and very little cheddar cheese for our leek and potato gatiné. The turmeric imparts a lovely golden colour and the chilli...
- SHOPPING IN MEENA BAZAAR DUBAI 3 weeks ago Living SHOPPING IN MEENA BAZAAR DUBAI MEENA BAZAAR DUBAI Forget Dubai’s mega malls for a day and explore the small streets and characterful alley ways of Meena Bazaar. No shopping online here and this high street certainly isn’t dead. What to expect Expect a variety of small, independent...
- VEGAN CAULIFLOWER HUMMUS 2 months ago Join me in my kitchen and learn how to make a vegetarian and very versatile Cauliflower Hummus. It’s GLUTEN FREE and VEGAN but not expensive to make. Cauliflower is a very nutrient rich food, high in fibre and a good source of vitamins B & C. Serve up as a dip with crudités to accompany...
- VEGAN MOONG DAAL BURGERS 2 months ago An easy, tasty, healthy anytime snack or lunchbox filler. It’s gluten free, vegan and full of protein. Really inexpensive too. Ideal to store refrigerated in an airtight container for a couple of days. Microwave in a loose lid container for a few seconds to eat with fresh coriander and mint...
- TAJ PALACE HOTEL DELHI 3 months ago TRAVELLING TAJ PALACE HOTEL NEW DELHI STAY THE TAJ PALACE HOTEL DELHI A legacy hotel that’s been established for over 35 years, the Taj Palace hotel Delhi suits business and leisure travellers alike. My overall Top Tip is to go there hungry, as the food is incredibly good. Where is the Taj...
Contest Entries »
- Dubaistander Writing Contest October 2012 Despite Dubai being the most well-known Emirate, it’s not the capital of the UAE, that honour belongs to Abu Dhabi and these two Emirates are the most visited in the region. Much that’s written about Dubai focuses on glamorous hotels,...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Do in Dubai
08:50 AM October 29, 2012
Great blog with genuine ideas for Dubai and other countries, I love the holiday ideas and restaurants.
10:10 AM October 29, 2012
Great recipes and quirky ideas for a blog !
10:42 AM October 29, 2012
Hi, love the blog and the coverage on restaurants and gourmet outlets have been especially helpful. Love to check out your book section for good reads. The travel section is well researched. On the whole a very good blog.
10:45 AM October 29, 2012
Thanks Monica for a very interesting blog. Everything from GCSE study tips to unique dining experiences in Dubai and talks on a variety of topics to excellent travel ideas. In fact I write this from Vietnam, sitting on the Beach next to the South China Sea taken from Monica's 2part blog on travelling in Vietnam. Thank you very much for your excellent insight and fun topics. Regards Susan
11:55 AM October 29, 2012
Great Blog! Loved the coverage of restaurants, holiday ideas and cooking tips.
15:51 PM October 29, 2012
Mrs Kapila, what a wonderful blog u have. Its informative, interesting and full of information. As a prime time radio presenter in the UK i often use your site in order to find some useful topics and ideas. Bravo for having such a good blog and i hope you are rewarded for your efforts very soon. Deep 'Raja'.
16:07 PM October 29, 2012
Hi Monica, Great site you have got going here! I refer to it almost everyday for tips pertaining to GCSE practise to cooking homemade prawn curry. I like the voucher offer for Perfect Shape Up! Kindest Regards, Priyanka Dubai
06:29 AM October 30, 2012
Really enjoying your blog, loving the recipes and the restaurant reviews! Keep up the good work.
07:28 AM March 08, 2017
Hello, I love to read, and the coverage of Online shopping in uae gourmet restaurants and shops are particularly useful. I have asked the department. The soil is good research. Overall a very good read.