Do in Dubai
Latest Blog Posts »
- BIRIYANI IN BARSHA 5 days ago Biriyani in Barsha from a secret location. Is it worth it? Welcome to the first MonicMoment, an honest, often funny insight into the real world of a Dubai based foodie blogger, starting with my experience of biriyani in Barsha. Digest and laugh! Our biriyani in a box from Barsha I’ve had a...
- CAULIFLOWER BREAD RECIPE gluten free 1 week ago eating Cauliflower Bread Recipe Cauliflower Bread recipe We have added some cumin, garlic and turmeric to our cauliflower bread recipe that’s gluten free, light on the stomach and wholesome to eat. Don’t over process your ingredients if you want a rustic, artisan tasting and looking bread. Some...
- SPICY BEETROOT CUTLETS - Revisited 3 weeks ago Spicy Beetroot Cutlets We were served these spicy South Indian beetroot cutlets as a starter on holiday at Visalam in Chettinad in Tamil Nadu, Southern India. We all loved them, even the children so I asked the chef to do me a demo one afternoon. We make these regularly, they are a great...
- KOREAN SUPERMARKET IN DUBAI 3 weeks ago UPDATE JUNE 2020 I visited the new location of the much larger Korean supermarket in Dubai, then called 1004 Mart, now known as 1004 Gourmet. New location, new products, new cafe. DEFINITELY WORTH A VISIT. Read on to find out why. Korean Supermarket in Dubai 1004 Gourmet is an unusual name for a...
- INDIAN CURRY BASE 2 months ago eating Indian Curry Base Indian curry base We call Indian curry base “masala” which means the gravy or sauce element in the dish. It’s also the generic term for spices. This is my go to easy recipe for a versatile tomato base that you can use for chicken, prawns, lamb or chick peas! It’s...
Contest Entries »
- Dubaistander Writing Contest October 2012 Despite Dubai being the most well-known Emirate, it’s not the capital of the UAE, that honour belongs to Abu Dhabi and these two Emirates are the most visited in the region. Much that’s written about Dubai focuses on glamorous hotels,...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Do in Dubai
08:50 AM October 29, 2012
Great blog with genuine ideas for Dubai and other countries, I love the holiday ideas and restaurants.
10:10 AM October 29, 2012
Great recipes and quirky ideas for a blog !
10:42 AM October 29, 2012
Hi, love the blog and the coverage on restaurants and gourmet outlets have been especially helpful. Love to check out your book section for good reads. The travel section is well researched. On the whole a very good blog.
10:45 AM October 29, 2012
Thanks Monica for a very interesting blog. Everything from GCSE study tips to unique dining experiences in Dubai and talks on a variety of topics to excellent travel ideas. In fact I write this from Vietnam, sitting on the Beach next to the South China Sea taken from Monica's 2part blog on travelling in Vietnam. Thank you very much for your excellent insight and fun topics. Regards Susan
11:55 AM October 29, 2012
Great Blog! Loved the coverage of restaurants, holiday ideas and cooking tips.
15:51 PM October 29, 2012
Mrs Kapila, what a wonderful blog u have. Its informative, interesting and full of information. As a prime time radio presenter in the UK i often use your site in order to find some useful topics and ideas. Bravo for having such a good blog and i hope you are rewarded for your efforts very soon. Deep 'Raja'.
16:07 PM October 29, 2012
Hi Monica, Great site you have got going here! I refer to it almost everyday for tips pertaining to GCSE practise to cooking homemade prawn curry. I like the voucher offer for Perfect Shape Up! Kindest Regards, Priyanka Dubai
06:29 AM October 30, 2012
Really enjoying your blog, loving the recipes and the restaurant reviews! Keep up the good work.
07:28 AM March 08, 2017
Hello, I love to read, and the coverage of Online shopping in uae gourmet restaurants and shops are particularly useful. I have asked the department. The soil is good research. Overall a very good read.