Latest Blog Posts »
- When Will Italy Be Ready For Us (U.S.)? 2 months ago So... when will Italy be ready for US travelers? This question has been all the buzz on social media lately. There has been some conflicting information but a general consensus has emerged. The short answer: it depends. Now for some, a little later in the summer for most. At the moment, tourists...
- My Cheap Italian Home with Michelle and Kristina - FCI 045 2 months ago My Cheap Italian Home is a house hunting platform for expats dreaming of the beautiful life in Italy. Great deals to be found! The post My Cheap Italian Home with Michelle and Kristina – FCI 045 appeared first on Rick's Rome.
- 'Live-In-Venice' Will Share City Secrets... 2 months ago Live-In-Venice will be a jam-packed week-long extravaganza of live-streamed interviews and events from the iconic city of Venice. From 17-23 May 2021, local reporters will be meeting fashion designers, artisans, gallery owners, performers and local business owners. The post ‘Live-In-Venice’...
- The Italian Approach to Wellness and Beauty with Amy Parsons - FCI 044 4 months ago The Italian approach to wellness and beauty is rooted in traditions and generational knowledge. Craftmanship and a commitment to quality. The post The Italian Approach to Wellness and Beauty with Amy Parsons – FCI 044 appeared first on Rick's Rome.
- Change of Seasons in Italy 4 months ago The change of seasons in Italy can create fashion challenges... and it's bad for your health! Cambio di stagione can cause il colpo d'aria. The post Change of Seasons in Italy appeared first on Rick's Rome.
Contest Entries »
- Five Italian Food Rules that Foreigners Need to Know Writing Contest March 2013 There is a saying among Italians that goes, “Italy is a country with a million laws, but no rules.” Like most clichés, it survives because there’s some degree of truth to it. But—like most clichés—it’s also an oversimplification....
- Adjusting to Italian Business Practices Working Abroad For an American in Italy, adjusting to the norms of Italian business and commerce can be somewhat of a challenge. You really need to downshift by a couple of gears and stop trying to impose your former work ethic on your current job situation. Not...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Rick's Rome
18:00 PM October 27, 2012
Great blog Rick! After reading your posts, I wanted to quit my day job, pack my bags, and leave for Rome!! In my mind, I'm already there!!! Well written!
22:47 PM October 28, 2012
Nice going, Rick. your entries are really inspiring--one wants to get to Rome as soon as possible. Love the way you compare American and Italian culture. Lots to learn from each each other. A presto
14:10 PM January 21, 2013
I've been following this blog since the beginning, and it never fails to amuse, entertain and at the same time, give me plenty of useful insights. I'm saving money to go to Italy and try to live there for a while. Before "meeting" Rick, I had no clue about how and if I could actually make this dream come true. I've downloaded his book too, and I enjoyed it just as much. Recommended!
22:37 PM January 28, 2013
I'm Italian (100%, born, raised, always been, etc.) and what I really appreciated about Rick's blog, beside the subtle humor, is that all facts are presented with very good taste and in full respect of different culture. In my job I often meet foreigns and expatriates, and at times it's hard to bite my tongue when I have to hear their complaints about how they think things should be. Hey, I've been abroad too, I'd have my share of complaints... Rick has it figured: he seems to enjoy differences instead of criticizing. Bravo!