Latest Blog Posts »
- New Year in Italy 1 month ago A New Year in Italy. It’s that season again when we all reflect on the year that has been (or maybe not this year), and look forward to the one ahead. We make resolutions and then promptly break them before January is even finished. Like going on a diet, for example. Yes, I need to […] The post...
- Eating Healthy While Traveling 3 months ago Eating healthy while traveling in Italy present some odd challenges. Surrounded by all the abundance, how do you make smart choices? The post Eating Healthy While Traveling appeared first on Rick's Rome.
- Learning Italian Virtually - Video Demo 4 months ago Learning Italian Virtually has its advantages. Rocket Italian has made some great updates for their 2021 version. The post Learning Italian Virtually – Video Demo appeared first on Rick's Rome.
- Quarantined: Isolation and Starvation During a Pandemic 4 months ago On one of my other websites, “Eat Like an Italian," I devote the content to discussing the rationale, benefits, and practical applications of a Mediterranean diet. There are some recipes and such, but the focus is more about the health aspects of mimicking the eating habits of our Italian...
- The (Near) Future of Italy Travel 8 months ago The future of Italy travel will look very different from the recent past. Smaller, slower, experiences will be the new normal. The post The (Near) Future of Italy Travel appeared first on Rick's Rome.
Contest Entries »
- Five Italian Food Rules that Foreigners Need to Know Writing Contest March 2013 There is a saying among Italians that goes, “Italy is a country with a million laws, but no rules.” Like most clichés, it survives because there’s some degree of truth to it. But—like most clichés—it’s also an oversimplification....
- Adjusting to Italian Business Practices Working Abroad For an American in Italy, adjusting to the norms of Italian business and commerce can be somewhat of a challenge. You really need to downshift by a couple of gears and stop trying to impose your former work ethic on your current job situation. Not...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Rick's Rome
18:00 PM October 27, 2012
Great blog Rick! After reading your posts, I wanted to quit my day job, pack my bags, and leave for Rome!! In my mind, I'm already there!!! Well written!
22:47 PM October 28, 2012
Nice going, Rick. your entries are really inspiring--one wants to get to Rome as soon as possible. Love the way you compare American and Italian culture. Lots to learn from each each other. A presto
14:10 PM January 21, 2013
I've been following this blog since the beginning, and it never fails to amuse, entertain and at the same time, give me plenty of useful insights. I'm saving money to go to Italy and try to live there for a while. Before "meeting" Rick, I had no clue about how and if I could actually make this dream come true. I've downloaded his book too, and I enjoyed it just as much. Recommended!
22:37 PM January 28, 2013
I'm Italian (100%, born, raised, always been, etc.) and what I really appreciated about Rick's blog, beside the subtle humor, is that all facts are presented with very good taste and in full respect of different culture. In my job I often meet foreigns and expatriates, and at times it's hard to bite my tongue when I have to hear their complaints about how they think things should be. Hey, I've been abroad too, I'd have my share of complaints... Rick has it figured: he seems to enjoy differences instead of criticizing. Bravo!