Latest Blog Posts »
- Oh Baby, Baby! (Baby Sea Turtles That Is) 2 years ago One of the reasons we quit our cubicle jobs and moved to Mexico was because we wanted to have more experiences. We wanted to see and do things that we wouldn’t necessarily normally be exposed to. Case in point? While I heart me some Kansas City, I’m pretty sure this wasn’t going to happen...
- How To Find a Pet and House Sitting Job - Our Version 3 years ago I am increasingly getting asked a LOT how to find a house sitting job. Which I guess in my world is the equivalent of asking “who are you wearing?” I swear that no one is going to be asking me that unless there is a publication out there for skort aficionados (if there is – hit […]
- Sunday Funday and the Art of Adaptability 3 years ago Many of you already know though I am a very serious practitioner of the art of Sunday Funday. But, for the uninitiated, Sunday Funday is exactly what it sounds like – spending all day Sunday doing whatever it is that sounds fun to you. Feel like reading in bed all day? Read in bed all […]
- House (and Chicken) Sitting in Copake Falls 4 years ago I think we’ve firmly established by now that we are beach people. We love the sun, the sand (even when it makes our way into our bed), the activities we can do in and on the water and we don’t even mind all that much when the pesky saragasso rolls in. But we also know […]
- Hawaii - A Place Even A Jerk Could Fall In Love With 4 years ago Hawaii. What does one say about Hawaii that you haven’t heard or seen on TV a million times? I’ve heard about it my whole life, you’ve heard about your whole life and it all looked super appealing. But, I have a confession to make. I really never had the desire to go to Hawaii. There, I...
Contest Entries »
- Top 8 Things You Should Bring With You When Moving to Playa del Carmen Expat Blog Awards 2013 1. A Sense of Humor - When we first moved to Playa del Carmen we made a lot of mistakes. Actually we’ve been here almost a year and we still make a lot of mistakes. I’ve driven the wrong way down roads, I’m pretty sure I insulted our...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » AWOL Americans has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!