Latest Blog Posts »
- Going underground in Japan: Exploring the Seikan Tunnel Museum from Hokkaido to Honshu 1 week ago The Seikan tunnel is a train tunnel that connects Tohoku in the main island of Honshu to Hokkaido to the north, going a impressive 240m below the sea level. The whole tunnel is over 50km in length and was quite a feat of engineering when it was constructed over 40 years ago under the Tsugaru [...]
- Experiencing the Kawaii Monster Cafe! 2 months ago Do you ever want to do something super #OnlyInJapan? Well, recently I thought I would go all out and experience the Kawaii Monster Cafe (カワイイ モンスター カフェ) in Harajuku. Kawaii, meaning cute in Japanese, it most certainly is! As soon as you enter, you'll be pretty stuck by how...
- Experiencing downtown Hong Kong in Tokyo for free! 3 months ago Looking for a gaming arcade with a twist? Kawasaki Warehouse is a fascinating complex, built to look like the famous Kowloon Walled City in Hong Kong. It's also a great place to take some free pics or have a bit of fun. The several floors have everything from pool tables, to a net cafe, to [...]
- Super Cheap Japan book now in Tokyo's biggest bookstore! 4 months ago Many thanks to Kinokuniya for adding Super Cheap Japan to their bookshelves! It's the No.1 chain in Japan and also has stores across the world in countries such as Malaysia and Singapore, so it means a lot. Check out their USA store at Kinokuniya USA or get the book...
- Super Cheap Japan featured in an awesome new YouTube channel 5 months ago Jon Bear is a great new video blogger, and a man already known for producing super professional videos about traveling in Japan. My first book, Super Cheap Japan, has been featured in his new video about how to survive in Japan on only 6000 yen a week! Also be sure to check out his channel [...]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Cheapo Japan
09:19 AM November 25, 2013
This is not a blog of imagination Japan but real. （I'm japanese and live in Tokyo.）
16:22 PM November 25, 2013
I found this blog really enlighening and easy to read..it's a great idea.