The Culture Blend
Latest Blog Posts »
- How to Make Expats Fight: The Conversation About Learning a New Language 5 days ago Hey, want to start a fight? Get expats talking about language learning. Not the new ones. They all agree. “We can’t WAIT to start speaking (insert language here)!! It’s gonna’ be great!” They high five and chest bump each other as if one day soon they’re going to blink and be...
- Pillars and Bricks: The Values Clash of Expat Wanderers and the Homebodies Who Love Them 2 weeks ago Macu ic If you’re reading this you are a most likely a pillar or a brick. If you’re a pillar you may have some bricks in your life who don’t make a lick of sense to you. If you’re a brick . . . well . . . keep reading. My father is […]
- Stupid Expat Days and How to Love Them 4 months ago There are days that expats have to live but normal people never do. I call them Stupid Expat Days. Where I come from you run to the post office to renew a passport IF you even need one. Not so where I live now. This time around it was my 8-year-old son who was […]
- 25 Things They Don't Put in the Life Abroad Brochure 7 months ago Originally posted on alifeoverseas.com This post is especially for those of you on the cusp of the BIG MOVE. What an exciting time, right? Packing the bags. Selling the stuff. Applying for visas. Family farewells. There is a wealth of expectation-setting information out there and a ton of...
- Leaving well when leaving well is not possible 6 months ago Leaving well for expats is all well and good as long as things go well . . . and good. But sometimes they don’t. Sometimes the final weeks of your expat experience get blasted by circumstance. Sometimes leaving is a mess, not a choice. Sometimes it’s a rush to the airport with no time […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » The Culture Blend has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!