The Culture Blend
Latest Blog Posts »
- Stupid Expat Days and How to Love Them 2 months ago There are days that expats have to live but normal people never do. I call them Stupid Expat Days. Where I come from you run to the post office to renew a passport IF you even need one. Not so where I live now. This time around it was my 8-year-old son who was […]
- 25 Things They Don't Put in the Life Abroad Brochure 4 months ago Originally posted on alifeoverseas.com This post is especially for those of you on the cusp of the BIG MOVE. What an exciting time, right? Packing the bags. Selling the stuff. Applying for visas. Family farewells. There is a wealth of expectation-setting information out there and a ton of...
- Leaving well when leaving well is not possible 4 months ago Leaving well for expats is all well and good as long as things go well . . . and good. But sometimes they don’t. Sometimes the final weeks of your expat experience get blasted by circumstance. Sometimes leaving is a mess, not a choice. Sometimes it’s a rush to the airport with no time […]
- Leaving Poorly: A Whole New Set of Options for Departing Expats 5 months ago There’s a ton of information out there for expats who are coming down to the last days of their time abroad on how to Leave Well. I say fair enough since — you know — it’s an important topic — and I wrote a lot of it. Click to read Leaving Well Landing […]
- I Am Not A Racist — and other things I wish I knew were true 5 months ago “I AM NOT A RACIST!” The Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan Donald Trump Bill Clinton Malcolm X (and practically everyone who has ever been accused of racism) This post is hard for me. Here’s why. I’m not that kind of blogger. I’m not an activist. I write about culture and raising...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » The Culture Blend has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!