Hippie In Heels
Latest Blog Posts »
- Money in India: How To Get Rupees & Handle Money While Traveling in India 1 week ago This is one of the more practical posts Rachel wrote as it something she was often asked about weekly. While she has a more general guide on how to handle money abroad, this one is specifically about money in India and how to handle rupees, the local currency. With the help of Jules, our local The...
- Corona Diaries - Lockdown in Goa 1 week ago As the world closes down and takes a break due to Covid-19 we are faced with a new way of doing things. Masks on, distance kept between everyone, closures and a real emptiness. As you may all imagine, keeping distance, peace and quiet doesn't really come to mind when thinking about India. Below are...
- Everything You Need to Know About Uber in India 1 week ago To answer your first question, yes there is Uber in India. However, even nowadays, it is still not available everywhere and there are a few slight differences you may want to know about. With the help of Jules, our local India expert, we'll try to help you with these changes as well as give you The...
- How to Get a Tourist Visa for India the Easy Way (An India e-Tourist Visa Application Guide) 2 weeks ago Once upon a time it was pretty tricky trying to figure out how to get a tourist visa online. We've done a massive update to Rachel's original guide to reflect how much has changed since she first had to get hers all those years ago. Read below for the quick and easy guide! PS: Check The post How to...
- Save Yourself Hassle: Buy a Local SIM Card in India 2 weeks ago Back when Rachel first wrote about how to get a SIM card in India, the process was much more complicated and getting tourist SIM cards wasn't done as much. Of course today people get them more often, so with the help of Jules, our resident India expert, we've given this guide a much needed update!...
Contest Entries »
- Top Ten Differences Between Rural Ohio and Tropical India Expat Blog Awards 2013 Top Ten Differences between Rural Ohio and Tropical IndiaLiving in India is a magical treat for all your senses. At times overwhelming, not a day goes by that you don’t say “Oh my god, did you see that!?” to someone near you. Maybe it’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: India Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in India!Copy and paste code to display the India Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Hippie In Heels
07:57 AM December 01, 2013
Great travel blog. The tips on packing was very useful. Also love the Goa secret beach article.
16:04 PM December 01, 2013
Compared to other sites I have checked yours is right at the top. Good pictures and truthfulness make it real. You realize the cons are actually more important than the pros. Great tips for travel, especially for a site still being developed. Keep up the good work!
18:24 PM December 01, 2013
:) awesome blog. So cool that you get to see so many great places and have all of these awesome experiences
19:37 PM December 02, 2013
Not many people have the guts to quit their job - well lets be serious lots of people quit their jobs! - with the ability to plan out worldwide travels, make it on a ridiculously small budget, and make tons of seemingly random friends. The blog is tons of fun to read!!
10:52 AM December 09, 2013
Great blog handy and practical tips, amazing stories and ideas and makes the least adventurous person to wants to go backpacking around the world :D she is a true traveler soul!
12:29 PM December 09, 2013
I love your blog, it has the right amount of helpful information combined with fun. The photos help bring your travels to life! Your adventures could be a movie but filled with practical and unique travel tips.
08:22 AM December 10, 2013
This blog is very nice, I like to read the articles about India.
18:25 PM December 10, 2013
This blog really inspires women around the world to not be afraid to travel alone. Easy to trust your advice because you definitely have the expertise!
22:17 PM December 10, 2013
I love reading your blog. It is fun and I feel like I get to live a little of your adventure with you. Whenever I actually get to do some traveling (retirement maybe?)I will hopefully get to utilize all the tips.
17:15 PM December 11, 2013
I love this travel blog I can't wait to see what she's going to do next it take me places that I may never go thanks have a great time
12:37 PM December 30, 2013
This blog is one to be kept on the radar! It already boasts a diverse range of travel topics, written by a relatable and highly experienced traveler. Looking forward to future posts.
12:11 PM March 21, 2017
Thank you for your interesting article and colorful photos!