Michael & Graciela
Latest Blog Posts »
- Armero, the Colombian Town That Disappeared one Night 3 months ago By Michael April 2019 Our guide to the town of Armero lost both sets of his grandparents that tragic night of November 13, 1985. Now in his 40’s he recalled the events of the evening from his perspective. “My parents and I lived in Bogota. I remember them on the phone with my grandparents in...
- Photo of the Week - Learning English in Bogotá 2 years ago March 2017 By Michael A local Bogotá newspaper caught my eye. The publication written in Spanish had above the fold the big letters of the title written in English. Now I wonder how many of my fellow urban dwellers in this city of over eight million people understood what it said. Well, if all...
- Our House Hunting Experience in Bogotá, Colombia 2 years ago By Michael February 2017 My wife decided it was again time to look at homes in Bogotá. Such is not always an easy task. There aren’t that many of them. The city has the 9th worst population density in the world. When comparing the quantity of apartments to houses the latter is a definite...
- Bogotá Recyclers are More of a Solution Than a Problem 2 years ago October 2016 Soiled hands grasp the ends of wooden 2X4’s rounded off for the purpose. A man wearing an old coat and stained wrinkled blue jeans leans forward. At the same time feet search for traction on the asphalt road. Slowly the car tires of a cart laden with cardboard, plastic and wood...
- Christmas Starting in October - Photo of the Week 2 years ago Michael: It is too early for Christmas. The above photo is a collage of photos taken at a Colombian store in early October 2016 Colombia, obviously, does not have Thanksgiving. They have no holiday that could mark the beginning of the Christmas season. Interesting though is that last year several...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Michael & Graciela
16:32 PM January 30, 2014
The articles are very enjoyable. To be entertained while learning about Colombia is wonderful. I look forward to each article and ...visiting Colombia now that I know more about the country.
20:50 PM February 03, 2014
Its a blog I like because Mike & Graciela live, explore and enjoy together to inspire, mostly other couples, on how to do it in their own way, in Colombia.
13:45 PM February 05, 2014
It is interesting to read because of what I call the two 2's, two different writers (and sometimes view points) in the same blog and two languages (English and Spanish)
18:34 PM March 26, 2014
Enjoyable reads - Like the restaurant reviews. Nice addition with the list of hotels in Bogotá
15:40 PM March 27, 2014
The site is not just for people thinking of visiting Colombia. The writing itself is enjoyable, especially with two of them writing. And things like art (their art in the park writing) is universal. I never knew that Bogota offered so much. A person can just stop in and wander around reading many different topics. Oh and I should probably mention that it is interesting the way some articles are in Spanish as well as English