Michael & Graciela
Latest Blog Posts »
- Did Covid-19 and Government Crash the Healthcare in Bogota, Colombia? 2 years ago A front row seat to the collapse of Bogota's healthcare system was not in my plans for the night. Of course neither was the emergency surgery the next morning. I will just use the word interesting (or maybe painful) for the event.
- Day 100 of Quarantine in Colombia 2 years ago As I write this we hit day 100 of confinement. Things have changed some from the beginning. More people are ignoring safety standards. Seems like most citizens and politicians are getting crazy in one way or another. The government reports 88,591 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the country with new...
- We are Surviving the Corona Virus Lockdown in Bogotá 2 years ago May 6, 2020By Michael One month and half into lockdown and it appears to be working in Bogotá. My home state of Michigan in the USA is currently at over 44,000 cases with the virus. Bogotá has approximately the same population as all of Michigan and is at under 4,000 cases. There are rules. Like...
- Armero, the Colombian Town That Disappeared one Night 3 years ago By Michael April 2019 Our guide to the town of Armero lost both sets of his grandparents that tragic night of November 13, 1985. Now in his 40’s he recalled the events of the evening from his perspective. “My parents and I lived in Bogota. I remember them on the phone with my grandparents in...
- Photo of the Week - Learning English in Bogotá 5 years ago March 2017 By Michael A local Bogotá newspaper caught my eye. The publication written in Spanish had above the fold the big letters of the title written in English. Now I wonder how many of my fellow urban dwellers in this city of over eight million people understood what it said. Well, if all...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Michael & Graciela
16:32 PM January 30, 2014
The articles are very enjoyable. To be entertained while learning about Colombia is wonderful. I look forward to each article and ...visiting Colombia now that I know more about the country.
20:50 PM February 03, 2014
Its a blog I like because Mike & Graciela live, explore and enjoy together to inspire, mostly other couples, on how to do it in their own way, in Colombia.
13:45 PM February 05, 2014
It is interesting to read because of what I call the two 2's, two different writers (and sometimes view points) in the same blog and two languages (English and Spanish)
18:34 PM March 26, 2014
Enjoyable reads - Like the restaurant reviews. Nice addition with the list of hotels in Bogotá
15:40 PM March 27, 2014
The site is not just for people thinking of visiting Colombia. The writing itself is enjoyable, especially with two of them writing. And things like art (their art in the park writing) is universal. I never knew that Bogota offered so much. A person can just stop in and wander around reading many different topics. Oh and I should probably mention that it is interesting the way some articles are in Spanish as well as English