Under The Ropes
Latest Blog Posts »
- Learning the Rules of Jackedness: Delving into Powerlifting 2 months ago If you’ve been following my social media, you’ll have noticed that it’s recently started filling up with posts about powerlifting. This became an unlikely addition to my training schedule when I discovered Rhino Fitness, a new strength and conditioning gym near me in Onnut. How I Got Started...
- #Don'tTellMeHowtoDress: Thailand's #MeToo 2 months ago The #MeToo movement hasn’t quite caught on in Thailand. While there have been a few small ripples, they have mostly passed without sparking a wider conversation. When you delve into the complex issues of victim blaming and rape culture in Thailand, it’s easy to see why. Last year, Supensri...
- One Night at a BDSM Dungeon Party Filled with Cat People 3 months ago When my friend Ja invited me to a cat fundraiser, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. I’m not a cat person, never have been. Of all the things I could have imagined it would involve, a BDSM show in a sex dungeon wasn’t one of them. I met Ja when she interviewed me for […]
- 'Inside the Ring with a Muay Thai Fighter' - A Feature in Scoot Magazine 3 months ago You can find me in this month’s issue of Scoot Magazine, the in-flight publication for Scoot Airlines. Last month, writer Ja Racharaks approached me and asked if she could shadow me for a day of training for the feature, which focuses on “a local resident whose job plays a significant role in...
- Gender Illumination: An LGBTQ Exhibition at Museum Siam 4 months ago Museum Siam is currently hosting a gender diversity exhibition named ‘Gender Illumination’. As well as celebrating diversity and inclusivity, the organisers also intend to educate people on the meaning of ‘non-binary’ and raise awareness of related issues. “Everyone is human all the same....
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Under The Ropes
15:50 PM March 20, 2014
I check up on this blog regularly. A lot of the topics translate to issues of Muay Thai fighters around the world, but it's especially interesting to hear it from someone embedded in the Thai culture.
16:20 PM March 20, 2014
Great blog on Muay Thai. Explaining lot of Thai culture and history.
20:18 PM December 10, 2017
Well crafted and interesting stories, which inspire and educate.