Under The Ropes
Latest Blog Posts »
- Resources for Women in Bangkok - Sexual Health Services 1 week ago When searching for information about sexual health checks for women in Bangkok, I found that the resources online were lacking. While there were a few sites targeted toward men who have sex with men, and lots of posts by men on various expat forums and blogs, there was nothing specifically for or...
- Interview with Kevin Von Duuglas-Ittu 1 week ago Kevin Von Duuglas-Ittu asked to interview me after I finished a training session with Sylvie in Pattaya last month. He was interested in talking to me about my life in Bangkok, and how that’s changed over the last few years. I love how he always has so much enthusiasm for what I’m doing. Along...
- Stop Asking Me When I'm Going to Quit Muay Thai 1 month ago A couple of years ago, I was on one of my annual trips home to the UK. My parents organized a family BBQ for the occasion, as they always do. When my aunt turned up to join the gathering, the first thing she said to me was “are you still doing Thai boxing, then?” Her […]
- The Vagina Monologues in Bangkok 2 months ago Every year, a group of women put on a production of The Vagina Monologues in Bangkok. This group calls themselves Bangkok Rising, and their mission is to fight gender-based violence. They do this by volunteering their time to raise funds and awareness. All of the proceeds from their events are...
- Thai Women Talk About Sexual and Domestic Violence 4 months ago On December 4th, UN Women hosted an event to allow survivors of sexual and domestic violence to tell their stories to the public. E.Quality Talks – My Story of Ending Violence Against Women put these survivors at centre stage, giving them a platform to speak in front of a group of eager...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Under The Ropes
15:50 PM March 20, 2014
I check up on this blog regularly. A lot of the topics translate to issues of Muay Thai fighters around the world, but it's especially interesting to hear it from someone embedded in the Thai culture.
16:20 PM March 20, 2014
Great blog on Muay Thai. Explaining lot of Thai culture and history.
20:18 PM December 10, 2017
Well crafted and interesting stories, which inspire and educate.