Under The Ropes
Latest Blog Posts »
- #Don'tTellMeHowtoDress: Thailand's #MeToo 2 weeks ago The #MeToo movement hasn’t quite caught on in Thailand. While there have been a few small ripples, they have mostly passed without sparking a wider conversation. When you delve into the complex issues of victim blaming and rape culture in Thailand, it’s easy to see why. Last year, Supensri...
- One Night at a BDSM Dungeon Party Filled with Cat People 4 weeks ago When my friend Ja invited me to a cat fundraiser, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. I’m not a cat person, never have been. Of all the things I could have imagined it would involve, a BDSM show in a sex dungeon wasn’t one of them. I met Ja when she interviewed me for […]
- 'Inside the Ring with a Muay Thai Fighter' - A Feature in Scoot Magazine 2 months ago You can find me in this month’s issue of Scoot Magazine, the in-flight publication for Scoot Airlines. Last month, writer Ja Racharaks approached me and asked if she could shadow me for a day of training for the feature, which focuses on “a local resident whose job plays a significant role in...
- Gender Illumination: An LGBTQ Exhibition at Museum Siam 3 months ago Museum Siam is currently hosting a gender diversity exhibition named ‘Gender Illumination’. As well as celebrating diversity and inclusivity, the organisers also intend to educate people on the meaning of ‘non-binary’ and raise awareness of related issues. “Everyone is human all the same....
- I Am My Own Wife, a One-Woman Show Performed by a Man 3 months ago Over the weekend, I went to see I Am My Own Wife, a theatre production by Peel the Limelight. The Pulitzer prize-winning play tells the true life story of Charlotte von Mahlsdorf, a trans woman and German queer icon who survived both the Nazi and Communist regimes. Who was Charlotte van...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Under The Ropes
15:50 PM March 20, 2014
I check up on this blog regularly. A lot of the topics translate to issues of Muay Thai fighters around the world, but it's especially interesting to hear it from someone embedded in the Thai culture.
16:20 PM March 20, 2014
Great blog on Muay Thai. Explaining lot of Thai culture and history.
20:18 PM December 10, 2017
Well crafted and interesting stories, which inspire and educate.