Latest Blog Posts »
- Nine 3 months ago And so, he is nine. What a big year it has been. New teeth, new teacher, new school. New rules and expectations. Sad goodbyes, happy hellos, and a whole lot of laughter. If I had to choose a word to sum up eight-year-old DorkySon, I think it would be resilient. The boy whose legs used […]
- Running 5 months ago It is running season here. I’m not a matchy-matchy clothes kind of runner. There’s no Lorna Jane activewear lurking in my drawer. Instead, I wear one of DorkyDad’s old gym vests that I rescued from the op shop pile. There are battered trainers that I should probably get around to replacing,...
- 2017: Finding my Voice 7 months ago 2017, what a year. A year when nuclear war suddenly became something imaginable; when it took video footage of a dying polar bear to get climate change back on the agenda; and when rickets returned to Tory-run Britain. It was the year when two days before Christmas I found DorkySon using his toy...
- 150+ Boredom Box Ideas 7 months ago I don’t plan to duplicate content very often between my work website and this blog, but I’ve got a post up over on my writing site today that I think will hold equal appeal to the freelance folks who follow me over there, and the parenting folks who follow me over here. In what is […]
- November in Tasmania: Spring Turns into Summer 8 months ago It was a teasing start to spring in Tasmania, with several weeks that lurched between glorious sunshine one day and snow the next. I got a little over-excited when we finally had a few warm days in a row, and put all our winter clothes away in the cupboard. Goodbye to those puff jackets and […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Dorky Mum has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!