Lady of La Mancha
Latest Blog Posts »
- Bloom Day - March, 2019 1 month ago Frustration has reigned in my garden this month. We have had exactly 1 day of rain this entire winter. As a result, certain areas of the garden have turned hard as cement, and NOT A SINGLE daffodil has come up this year. I gave up on crocuses and tulips years ago, and now I have to say...
- Almond trees in bloom 1 month ago Over the years, I have found that our almond trees can bloom anywhere from late January to early March. I attribute this year's March bloom to our excessive drought this year. I have also found that 'native' trees and nursery-bought specimens do not flower at the same time.Native almond treeA...
- Marvellous mimosa 1 month ago Once again, the mimosas are in bloom. And, once again, it's that time of year when I dream of having one of these beauties in my garden.Acacia dealbata
- Saying goodbye 2 months ago I have just buried my cat, Luna.Those of you who are followers have probably seen photos of her on this blog before. She was my true gardening companion, never venturing outdoors alone and always staying close by. Her favorite parts of the garden were the sunny patio where lizards were often...
- Wordless Wednesday - Winter Beach 4 months ago Santander, Spain
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Lady of La Mancha
23:15 PM September 28, 2014
Finally, a blog about Spain that's not written by a recent college grad teaching English or a tourist. This blog is a down-to-earth blog written by someone who has been living in rural Spain for many years. Nice photos and funny quips.